11. Water-gun Fight

'Wow, Chiron went all out ,' Percy thought as he looked around the garden. On the left, there was a huge table with water guns placed in a neat and orderly row. Throughout the garden, were huge tubs filled to the brim with water.This is going to be fun.

"Now children," Chiron said, and almost every head to turn towards him. "I have been informed about the earlier mishap which happened with Mr. Di Angelo and I implore you to be safe during the game. Anyone who does not want to participate may-"

"Oh Thank the Gods!" Drew Tanaka yelled, cutting her way through the crowd. "This is not how beautiful people like me should behave! I refuse to participate in such horrible activities! Only ugly and improper Royals can even consider-''

"That is enough Miss Tanaka, you may return to your room."

"I refuse to participate too. I don't understand how all these pathetic little children can play such childish games, it's revolting to watch," Octavian sneered as he stalked off towards his room, following Drew's horrid example.

Chiron stuttered, and then plastered a smile on his face. "Well then children, if they're no more objections! Go grab a gun."

Everyone whooped and dashed off towards the table with their 'weapons'. Though, out of the corner of his eye, Percy noticed Annabeth running towards Chiron.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"PEANUT BUTTER !!!!" Tyson yelled when everyone had a gun in their hands.

"Think fast !" Jason yelled as he splashed Percy.

"You're going to pay for that, Blond Superman ," he replied, chasing him all over the garden, spraying with no mercy.

He chased Jason upto a couple of pine trees and suddenly heard a grunt.

Percy turned around to see Thalia Grace on top of Luke Castellen. Turns out she'd climbed up a pine tree and attacked him from top.

He watched them getting off of each other and Thalia glaring in the direction of none other, than Annabeth Chase.

She was smirking at Thalia, while aiming her gun at Clarisse La Rue.

After she shot a steady stream of water, the other girl seemed to have tackled Annabeth, both rolling on the floor trying to pry themselves from each other, their dresses covered in mud.

"Let's go," Jason asked seemingly not wanting to see his sister near a guy. Both of them were spraying whoever came their way with water.

Percy looked over at Annabeth again, to see her back with her water gun in hand and slowly got a bright idea.

He moved towards her quietly. She was near a wall, trying to sneak up on Frank and Hazel.

Maybe I should not have abandoned Jason he realized as he got close enough to hear their conversation.

Hazel was backed up against the wall with no water gun and was blushing as Frank held a water gun in his shaking hands, his face mirroring hers.

"I'm sorry for doing this ," he whispered to her, as her face turned bright red.

"No, no. It's okay.....I don't have a gun ." she squeaked back.

He was about to pull the trigger when Annabeth jumped out from behind the bush and doused Frank Zhang in water.

"Hazel runnn!!!!" she screamed as Hazel ran.

Percy now ran towards Annabeth and Frank, with her being distracted, giving him an advantage.

He stood behind her ."Careful, Wise Girl" Percy whispered as he pointed his gun at Annabeth, she turned around and faced him, but that was a bad idea.
Since the second she turned, Frank started shooting water at her.

Before she could do anything, Travis and Connor Stoll came running in Frank's direction, jumping on top of him and making him lose balance.

The Chinese Canadian Baby Man fell near Annabeth knocking her off her balance and sending her crashing straight into Percy.

"Oof, " he exclaimed as she landed on top of him.

They were both on the ground, faced extremely close to each other, and bright red.

"You're such a seaweed brain, " she half-whispered at him.

"Then why are you always on top of me ?"

Annabeth opened her mouth to reply but was interrupted.

"Yo Lovebirds! No funny business in a public park," Travis laughed .

She got off of Percy quickly, glaring at him. She ended up pushing Travis, causing him to almost crash into Katie Gardner.

This time, Annabeth laughed. Percy liked her laugh, no matter how much she hated her.

"TRAVIS STOLL, STOP DILLY DALLYING, CUPCAKE OR ELSE..." Coach Hedge yelled across the room. Travis and Katie blushed bright red. He stuck his tongue out in Annabeth's direction and left.

Thank the Gods Coach didn't see us. Percy thought.

Almost as if she could hear him, she turned around to him, as he was still lying on the ground and squirted him

"We've got you, man!" Percy heard a voice yell.

He turned around to see Leo, Jason, Tyson, Connor, and Beckendorf, all pointing their guns at Annabeth.

She didn't seem scared though, more amused.

She laughed and yelled out "Peanut butter" and smirked at Tyson, who instantly lowered his gun and blushed.

Almost immediately Annabeth was surrounded by Piper, Clarisse, Reyna, Thalia, Luke, Malcolm, and Hazel, who had somehow gotten a water gun.

"Sorry man, you're on your own" Leo screamed as he ran away from them, all of them following suit. Jason did turn around and mouth "Sorry bro," which made Percy feel slightly better.

Annabeth's team started laughing as they all started dispersing, except Clarisse La Rue, who ended up squirting him in the eye before leaving.

Ouch, as much as he loved water...getting squirted in the eye isn't a good experience.

Percy managed to get back on his feet and run up to Annabeth, splashing her from the back. Too late he realized that was a very bad idea. She attacked him with such force, he was almost knocked off his feet. Again.

"Wise -", he stopped when he noticed everyone had gone completely quite.

"Guys what...oh", realisation dawned on Annabeth's face. Percy turned around and stopped in his tracks too.

There was Queen Hera, in all her royal glory. She didn't move a finger, just stood, staring in shock. Then all of a sudden she yelled. "What in the name of Hades is going on here ??!!?"

The camera crew behind her began flashing their cameras and yelling instructions.

Holy Bessie! We're in trouble ! Percy thought.

Just then , he caught a glimpse of a slightly damp Aphrodite next to Queen Hera.

"Yup, definitely screwed, " he whispered.

"For once I agree," Annabeth whispered back as the camera shutters kept clicking.

Thank you guys so much for the 1K reads, it means a lot. We're glad you're liking it so far!
--------S&D