39. Idiot waiter

Thalia was sitting alone in the gardens under the shade of a pine tree. She hadn't been able to sleep recently, each of her thoughts were laced with trepidation.
She was never one to fear the future. But for once, she was terrified.
She thought she'd seen Luke dead, and wanted to kill herself then and there.
Now Annabeth was missing
She clutched her head tightly, it had been aching for days.
What if Luke had actually died?
What if something happened to Annabeth and Percy too? What if she could never see her younger sister again?
What if Jason died ? (Sorry that was uncalled for —-S)
(First of all how dare you. Second of all, guys this was not my idea ----D)

She groaned and hit her palm against the tree. Sometimes she wished she was a tree. A pine tree perhaps. Atleast then, she wouldn't have to feel her feelings.

She heard her name being called out. Ignoring it, she continued to hit the palm tree, her fingers filled with splinters on impact.
She didn't care.
She needed needed to feel this pain

"Thalia Grace soon-to-be Castallen!" Luke said, looming over her with his hands on his hips. Once she stopped, he crouched down, taking her hands in his

"Ouch babe, you really did hurt yourself huh ?" he asked, inspecting the splinters. Thalia but her lip hard. Normally Luke's hands in hers would've made any problem in the world go away. But her mind was still on Annabeth. What if-

"I worry about her too,Thals" Luke said, sitting down next to her. He produced a needle from his pockets and began removing the splinters carefully. "I'm terrified of what she's going through. But I have hope, because you taught her to be a badass. And I know she can find her way out of anything."

Thalia snorted, much to Luke's amusement.

"Are you crying ?" he teased

"Shut up," she mumbled, kissing him hard on the mouth to get him to do just that.

"You really think so?" she asked as they pulled back.

Luke nodded, "Definitely. We raised a smart and capable little girl."

"I love you," Thalia smiled.

"I love you too," he grinned, removing the last spilter.

Thalia leaned her head on his shoulder, "You're right. She's probably doing something badass right now."

"Very badass," Luke laughed, and kissed Thalia again.

—————————————————————————

"Spiderrrrrr !!!!" Annabeth shrieked, practically jumping into Percy's arms.

She managed to compose herself quickly and got off him, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"I didn't know you were scared of spiders," he chuckled.

"Have you seen one! They have 8 legs! And they're hairy!" she stuck out her tounge at him.

Percy rolled his eyes and the both of them explored the building even more.

So far they had discovered three floors. It seemed like it was an old restaurant as it had huge chandeliers and many tables.

Next to Percy, Annabeth let out a small whimper. She hated her fear of spiders.

"Do you want me to hold your hand?" Percy mocked. To his surprise, Annabeth actually nodded with a shy smile.

He took her hand, which sent a jolt of electricity through his body. And together they continued walking.

"So far we know that all the windows and exits are bolted shut. There's no way we can tear them down ourselves," Annabeth recapped.

"So first order of business, find food," he begged.

Annabeth nodded and led him back to what they thought was a kitchen. They spent a while looking for any trace of food, or even running water. But they were unlucky. All they found was dust.

"Percy," Annabeth laughed, holding out a piece of paper she found under a cabinet.

He peered over to see what she was laughing about. It was an old piece of paper, with most of its lettering faded. He could only make out two words, menu and Tartarus.

"What's Tartarus ?"

Annabeth rolled her eyes, "It says tartar sauce, Percy, not Tartarus."

"Oh," Percy replied, unsure of what to say.

"Anyway so," Annabeth continued. "We know we're in an old restaurant, or as you've dubbed it, Tartarus," she giggled.

"Ummm okay...?"

"Percyyyy," Annabeth threw her hands up in the air, the menu flew away. Goodbye menu. "If this is a restaurant, and an old one at that, it might have a dumbwaiter."

"A dumb waiter? That's rude, don't you think?"

"No Seaweed Brain !! A dumbwaiter is a small freight elevator or lift intended to carry food. If we find it, I'm sure we can escape using it."

Percy smiled.

Annabeth's eyes shone with excitement. "And since this is a supposedly high end ex restraunt, a dumbwaiter could also possibly lead to a garbage disposal which is going to be.."

"Outside !" Percy shouted happily. He dashed forward and pulled Annabeth into a hug, "You're a genius !!"

"Daughter of Athena," she said proudly, patting Percy's back.

Annabeth let go and smiled at him, relieved that the hug was the least bit awkward. It was great even.

"Now let's find that stupid waiter!" Percy cheered.

"Dumbwaiter," Annabeth corrected

"Idiot waiter," Percy grinned.

"Idiot waiter," Annabeth agreed.

Then they spent hours searching for the idiot waiter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(If any reader is reading this, ignore this)

(D! Did I tell you the joke I came up with? 😃
——S)

(Yes, S. Multiple times.....
-------D)

(Okay so imma tell you again. Hold on I'm calling —- S)
(Pick up!!! -S)

(Omg you idiot !!!!!•smacks you on the head• -------D)

(It's a good joke okay! Hmmph —S)

Stay tuned!!
——S and D, who's not picking up her dam phone !!

The first bit, by the way is dedicated to _Child_Of_Rome

They got us so motivated so here you go 😂😂 Thank you 💖