43. Best Funeral Ever!!!

Bob the Doc crouched on the floor, his massive eyebrows scrunched up in concentration. Small Bob was on his head, eagerly waiting for his revelation.

"Yes," Bob the doc said after some time, he pointed to Octavian's scattered corpse. "He's dead. Ouchie."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Travis?" Katie called. It had been a while since they had heard the news about Percy and Annabeth. And with Jason.....she needed a distraction.

It was the first time they were sharing a room and she sensed something was up with Travis. He wasn't his jumpy usual self.

"Yes babe?" Travis said, as he walked towards the bed and sat down.

"Wanna play two truths and a lie?"

He laughed. "How about one truth and one lie?"

When Katie agreed, he said, "I'll go first."

Travis took a deep breath. "I love you. I love myself."

Katie abandoned her sandwich and pulled him into her embrace. She held him close as he cried into her shoulder.

Once he'd calmed down a little, he whispered shakily ,"I'm so sorry Princess."

"What for love?" Katie asked, caressing his hair.

He took a deep breath. "When you'd proposed to me that day...and I'd said no, I really hurt you didn't I ?"

Katie stiffened and taking that as a yes, Travis continued, "I've always loved you Katie, always. But I was scared. Really scared. I didn't think I was much of a commitment guy, so I was afraid to get together with you, thinking I'd end up hurting you. But I did that anyway."

She opened her mouth to say something, but the Prince shushed her.

"After you left that day that horrid day, I did some thinking. I couldn't even bear the thought of not having you in my life, and I tried to push my feelings down And then, 7 minutes in heaven, when you said you love me, I absolutely broke. I realised just how much you mean to me and that I love you," he smiled slightly at Katie and the tears forming in her eyes.

"Katie I know I hurt you a lot by saying no to you, don't even deny it. I'm really really sorry. I hate myself so much for that...."

This time, Katie didn't let herself be shushed.

"I love you Travis. I love you for who you are. I love you for how mischievous you are. I love that beautiful smirk of yours. I love you for the way you asked me to marry you. And I love you even more for saying no that day. Because it was love that made you do it, and I love you. You should too."

Travis didn't know what to say. He was dumbstruck. He raised his hand to Katie's cheek and brushed away a stray tear.

Katie kissed him gently.

"I love you too Princess. And you make me love myself."

Katie smiled and kissed him again. "Come on," she whispered. "It's time for the funeral."

Octavian's funeral was today. Well not exactly a funeral because there wasn't a whole body to have a funeral for. Some poor guy had the job of collecting and cleaning up the mess that was made by Octavian's organs in the garden. They stuffed all his remains in a big plastic box which was then kept in the casket.

What Katie was more excited about, was the afterparty. A Welcome Back Percabeth Party. The timing could have been better, sure, but everyone was so excited to have the not together yet but soon will be couple back that they decided to celebrate at the earliest possible moment, which just happened to be Octavian's funeral.

Oopsie.

The couple made their way to the gardens, where the press were waiting like hawks. "Princess Katie! Prince Travis! Is it true that your pregnant!" they screamed random stuff like that.

At one point, Travis got annoyed and patted his stomach, wiping a fake tear he replied, "Yes. I'm very pregnant."

While the press was distracted by that show he put on, they ran to the rest of the royals hand in hand.

"Leo," Katie greeted. He didn't seem to hear her though. Leo giggled. Leo giggled some more. Leo giggled a lot more. Leo burst out laughing.

The group looked concerned at their friend's outburst.

"Leonardo Di Caprio?" Piper waved her hand in front of his face, "You there?"

Calypso knocked a laughing Leo's skull. And then shook her head to confirm that there seems to be nothing filling the space.

After a few minutes, Leo calmed down, wiping his tears with the palms of his hand.

"I just remembered something my brother said once," he grinned.

The group leaned forward, eager to hear the story.

"So Becky wanted to train as a guard as a kid. He did. And he was an amazing soldier too. One day, one of his co soldiers died...I don't remember how exactly," Leo scratched his head.

"Anyways," he laughed for another few minutes.

Leo cleared his throat, "Becky arrived at the cemetery and, even before entering the funeral home's hall, he began crying, greeting people and giving them her condolences. He cried and cried, and when he was near the casket, he saw that he was crying for the wrong person. The wake for the soldier was in the room next to that one. After that, he burst out laughing while standing over the casket of this unknown person, and everyone started giving him dirty looks. Once he found the right wake, he cried from laughing every time he looked at the casket, because he remembered the dead person from the room next door."

The gang laughed. Before anyone could pursue the matter, the orchestra started playing and the funeral conductor began conducting the funeral.

He began with a verse on Octavian's life and how much he would be missed, everyone, including his half siblings and father, rolled their eyes.

Leo's eyes shifted to Jason, who looked as stoic as ever. He sat upright, hands neatly folded on his lap, his black suit without a single crinkle.

Leo sighed. He missed his best friend. Jason didn't remember anything that happened over the past 6 months. His last active memory was that of the Parade.

Leo remembered how Piper cried. She cried for three nights straight.

"Can we please just skip the funeral?" Leo whined. Reyna swatted him.

"Of course not! We may not have liked Octavian but it'd be rude to not attend his funeral," she reasoned.

"There's chocolate cake," Leo mumbled.

Reyna faltered, "I.."

"And he tried to kill us," Percy interjected, pointing to himself and Annabeth.

"I know..."

"And there's coffee," Piper remembered.

Reyna sighed, "Let's go. I need a couple of cups." She looked at Jason, "Hey, we're skipping this thing. Want to join us ?" she asked him.

Reyna was the only one Jason was spending time with. And his sister, Thalia.

The boy shook his head. "Please excuse me, Reyna. I have to stay," he said.

"Right.." Reyna's smile faltered. She glanced at a saddened Piper and shook her head.

The Royals then sneaked out of the funeral, during a commercial break.

Well well
A nice feeling no cliffhanger chapter!!
Don't know how long that's gonna last 🌚

(And yes this was a filler chapter, sorryyyyyy)

Stay tuned !!!!
----------------------S&D