48. No Way In Hell

Piper had been following Jason around like his personal lapdog for the past week. It was probably annoying for him, but she was ecstatic to have her Jason back. However, she couldn't help feeling guilty every time she saw him. She's almost killed him, after all.

"I remember everything Piper," he'd said.

"Everything...? Even the drink..?" she asked, her heart thudding dangerously fast.

He nodded, entwining her hands in his, "I would have done it differently. But I forgive you, you meant well. Just promise me that-"

"I'm sorry," she sobbed.

He shook his head, "Piper...I'm here. I'm perfectly fine. It's all in the past."

Piper continued to sob. Jason sighed, placing a kiss on her palm.

"Piper, look at me," he said. He kissed her tear-streaked face, "It's over. I'm here now. I love you. Let's just forget about it and move on."

"Don't you hate me?" she whispered, sniffling.

Jason shook his head, "Life is short. I would rather spend what I have left with you than hold a grudge against you."

"I... I love you," she told him, smiling ever so slightly. She kissed the prince until they both had to gasp for air.

"Let's not mention the poisoning to anyone," he told her. "You may be prosecuted. It's our little secret okay?"

"I'm sorry, Jason Grace."

"You're forgiven, Piper McLean."

The couple were not separated all week. They were together practically 24/7, so much so that their friend's had often had to pry them away from each other so that they could hang out.

One such day, Piper had been sitting in the Gardens with Jason. He was telling her about his plans for the Zeus kingdom.

"You'd be a great king," she smiled, sipping some tea. Out of the corner of her eye, she watched a guard make haste towards them.

"Your Highnesses," he bowed. He turned to Piper, "Princess, Queen Aphrodite is requesting an audience with you."

Piper fought the urge to roll her eyes. She leaned over to Jason, "The woman who gave birth to me wants an audience. She could've just called me."

Jason grinned and kissed her chin. "An audience is technically a call", he reasoned.

Piper shrugged, "Guess so, but once we're married, you better just call normally."

After saying a quick bye to her lover, Piper made her way to her Mother's chambers with the guard.

Upon reaching the chamber, which was undoubtedly all glittery and grand, she sat herself down on the chair opposite Aphrodite. "You requested an audience, Mother?"

Aphrodite turned to her daughter and sighed. "Yes, my dear. I'm afraid you will not like what I have to say."

"When have you ever cared about my likes and dislikes," Piper scoffed.

The Queen gave her an irritated look, but choose to ignore the remark. "My dear, you cannot stay affianced to Jason Grace."

Before Aphrodite could continue, Piper burst, "Wait what ?!!"

"You see, you, Piper, are the new heir to my kingdom. And Prince Jason is heir to his father's. There's a rule, as I very much remember telling you about, two heirs cannot be married."

"How...", she breathed.

"Drew is obviously out of contention. And as the next oldest, it's only natural for you to be next in line. Lacy has shown no interest in running a kingdom", Aphrodite paused for a second to sip her tea, "Your coronation is to take place right before we leave Rome and return to the Pallas"

Piper's ears rang. Of course, this would happen. She thought she knew pain. Well, she did, but this was different. She'd been through so much, so much all through her life. As a child, Drew had always bullied her. Her mother never approved of anything she did, but Piper had grown used to that, and that in itself was painful. At the Choosing, all the people she'd met gave her hope. Jason gave her hope for a new life. She had had him snatched away twice already, both in worse ways than this. She really didn't know what she would do if it happened again.

No. Not if, she thought. It's happening again.

"Piper, are you listening to me? I said you need to break your engagement," her mother's voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

"I need to see Jason." Piper did not wait to be dismissed. She got up and left the room, leaving her mother behind her. No way in Hell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone Thank you SO MUCH for 20k reads!!! When we started this fanfic we thought we would be lucky if we got 20 reads!!!

We genuinely love you guys so much! Your comments have helped us get through a lot of writer's blocks (and we've had many, like MANY)

Ask us anything!

About us or the book or possible sequels! Basically, just anything you've been wondering and we're gonna answer!

As Always!

Stay tuned!!!

------ S & D

Ignore this dear readers <3

(Good Glory D!! Pick up your phone once in a while!! You're such a cabbage! ---S)

(Not this again !!!😭😭 And cabbages are awesome so I'm taking that as a compliment hmph. ---D)

(Don't Hmmph me! hmmph. I'm hmmphing you, hmmph. Cabbages are weird, have you hit your head or something? ---S)

(Oh come on they're the best !!!!!! ---D)

(Okay to be fair I've never consumed a cabbage to know. Which reminds me! Did we discuss your makeup for my birthday party ? MMWAHAHAHA --- The EVIL S)

(Exactly. They're awesome. My fav(kinda). And MAKE UP TOO NOW ?!!?!!? ---D)

(I was thinking about all of you guys having somekind of eyeshadow, idk. D! I LOVE SHADOW AND BONE (MAINLY MY CROWS) SO MUCHHHHH I WANT A SECOND SEASON SO BAD I'M GONNA CRY AND DIE AND DIE AND CRYYYY --- S)

(I SHIP THEM SO HARD. IDR THEIR NAMES BUT I SHIP THEM. And stay stay away from my eyes please. ---D)

(OMG OMG YOU WATCHED MY BABIES?!!! AHHHHH !!!! ANYWAYS, chillll, there's an eyecare centre near my place. It's like a two-minute walk, you got nothing to worry about! Also, mu great new educational institute has been calling my parents if I miss class and I am dead inside. -- S )

(WTF I TOLD YOU NO !!!!! And our teacher keeps saying she'll do that, but I don't think so 😂. Your Parents don't even need a reason to yell at this point bruh. ---D)

(Yeah. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to wallow in some pity. I have class 😂. Pick up your phone tonight, please!!. And no you didn't tell me you cabbage! -- S)

(Bye 😂😂 ---D)

This whole a/n is prolly longer than the chapter lmao 😂😂😂
Don't forget to ask, if you have any questions!!