36. Akward parent interactions

Percy and Annabeth walked through the streets of Rome, in search for a movie theatre.

Soon after they'd reached the palace, Percy had asked Annabeth out. It wasn't great, he stuttered like a fool. She laughed at him before asking him herself.But nonetheless, she said yes.

"Is it just me, or does it seem like that old couple is following us?" Annabeth whispered

"Yeah, but they're probably just old and lost and decided to follow the prettiest girl and the handsomest guy," Percy answerd with a smirk.

"You're such a Seaweed Brain."

"Says the girl carrying a backpack to a movie theater."

"Hey!" Annabeth protested. "In my defense, it gets cold in the theater, so I bought along a coat."

"Well, how about you put it on now? You won't need the backpack then."

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Fine."

She unzipped her bag and pulled out a black tuxedo coat. Yes...the very coat from the night of the masquerade.

She put on over her white sleeveless dress and turned to face Percy, who was standing with his mouth slightly open.

"What is it seaweed brain ?"

"That's..... my jacket," Percy replied, realisation slowly dawning on him.

"What? How-oh." Annabeth blushed.

Percy pulled her into a tight hug, her hands automatically going around his neck, as if they just knew what to do.

"Gods," he whispered into her hair. "I've always wondered who that girl was."
"I couldn't stop thinking of that night," Annabeth whispered.

She slowly leaned in to kiss him, Percy doing the same. A hot blush played on both their cheeks as held the other tighter. Annabeth closed her eyes in anticipation.
They jerked back when she heard a rapid stream of coughs from the old woman who was following them.

They broke apart blushing .

Percy grabbed her hand and half dragged her to the theater.

She stood there waiting for him as he ordered tickets to Finding Nemo.

She'd tried talking him out of that, but he wouldn't budge. 'Its a great movie!' , he said.

Annabeth noticed the old couple purchasing tickets for the same movie.

Why would two old people want to watch Finding Nemo ?
Odd.

As Percy returned with popcorn and ice cream, she went over to him and they entered the theater together.

Annabeth placed her head on Percys shoulder, already munching on her popcorn.

She felt someone throw something at her and turned around to see the old couple. She glared at them.

"We can't see," croaked the old man as she rolled her eyes and turned back to Percy.

"The movie didn't even start yet," she muttered.

From then on, the old couple always thew popcorn whenever they got too close.

After the movie, they decided to go back to the palace, and spend time there, without the couple stalking them.

Annabeth yawned, she was tired.

She'd been up all night, helping Percy and later checking on some blueprints.

Percy sensed it, and offered her a piggy back ride, which she laughed and accepted.

He walked them back to the palace talking about the movie and the weird old couple.

They got to the door step and he gently lowered her back down.

Annabeth gently kissed his cheek. "Thank you for today." Percy's heartbeat picked up the pace.

"Anytime Wise Girl."

They entered the house to see the old couple, trying to sneakily escape up the stairs.

Seriously? Here too ?

Annabeth got a glimpse of their faces, they clearly weren't expecting percabeth to get home before they did.

"Mom?!" Annabeth said in disbelief.

At the same time Percy exclaimed "Dad?!"

The couple looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Athena and Poseidon. Two enemies. Come together to spoil their children's dates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day, Annabeth made her way towards the garden, where she was to meet the rest of the girls. Excluding Drew, of course.

After meeting all of them, she settled down beside Reyna.

As she munched on some french fries, Piper asked, "Tell us about that date will you Annie? Gonna keep all the details to yourself huh?"

Annabeth laughed. "First of all, don't call me Annie. Second, I should be asking you details, you just got engaged."

Piper blushed but stood her ground. "Fine. But you first."

She crossed her arms and glared, and the daughter of Aphrodite finally gave in.

As she spoke, Annabeth had been thinking about the murders. All the people who had died were heir to their respective Kingdoms. It had to be someone who wanted power and recognition. Someone who'd stop at nothing to be better than everybody else. To rule.
All the time Annabeth had spent with these amazing people, she'd gotten to know pretty much everybody. None of them seemed the kind to kill others for power. Except.....

"Annabeth !!" Hazel called.

"Huh?"

"You fazed out," acused Thalia.

"Oh. Right. So about my date...."

"Your Majesties !!" a guard came running to them. "Your presence has been requested inside. We have found a body." Saying thus, he turned and dashed off.

Wasting no time, the girls quickly rushed to the palace.

When they reached, Annabeth couldn't get a proper view of the body.

It was swarmed by people in medical suits and guards.

But she did see that he was a tall and muscular guy.....with-a familiar shade of sandy blonde hair, covered in blood.

Oh no.

She heard Thalia make a sound from behind her and whipped around. The diamond engagement ring reflected the fear in her eyes.

Their little family

Could it be gone forever?

No

Not him too.

They couldn't loose him

——————————————————————-

Dun Dun Dun
Sorry not sorry
Hahahahahhaha 😈

5 comments and 6 votes for the next chapter

Thankyou all for reading! We really appreciate it !!

(Don't forget to check out The Bookstore: A percabeth fanfic and add it to your libraries ! It'll be updated soon)

Also guys we won't be publishing chapters for a while. Our exams are close so we very busy.
We hope you understand.
Sorry !!!
——- D

So just keep your notifications on!
Anddddd

Stay tuned!!!

———- S & D