49. Together But Apart

Piper's coronation had taken place last week, and Jason could not have been prouder of his fiance. However, she had been avoiding him. Often and practically always. If he had wanted to spend time with her, she would have suddenly become so sick that she couldn't move. And then be perfectly fine in time for dinner.

He had a vague idea what it was about. When she returned from her mother's room she looked as pale as a ghost. And thus began avoiding him. 

He realised a while back that Piper was going to be heir. And so was he, after his sister gave up the kingdom for her engagement to Luke. They always knew this was going to happen and so, as a precaution their father trained both of them to be rulers.  But deep down he hoped that Piper's younger sister, Lacy would somehow take the throne.

From what Annabeth told him, Aphrodite had straight-up ordered Piper to dump him. Which he was not too happy about. And he was going to talk to her about it.

All the royal children were currently on a private jet back to the Pallas. Chatter and laughter echoed through the plane. Everyone was excited to return, especially since their marriage dates were drawing close.

Jason unfastened his seatbelt and approached Piper, who was sound asleep and snoring in the back seats. He shook her shoulder, "Piper?'' he called. She stirred, muttering something about Coffee tasting like a chocolate horse. He tried again, shaking her some more.

"Whatttt," she whined, groggily opening her eyes in annoyance. When she saw him, she sat straight up.

"Jason!" she smiled.

"We need to talk", he told her. She dropped her fake enthusiasm and nodded. And only then did he notice how tired she actually looked. She must not have slept all week.

He lead her to the back of the plane, where he knew there was a private bedroom. A lot pf his friends sent sly glances his way, raising their eyebrows and imitating kissing. He tried his hardest to ignore them all, especially because this exchange between himself and Piper was not going to be pleasent.

"What'd you want to talk about?", she asked plopping down on the bed. She rubbed her eyes fiercely, in a manner that reminded Jason of a toddler. It made him smile.

"I don't see why we can't wed," he told her, getting straight to the point. Her eyes widened in shock.

"You know?" she asked. 

Jason nodded. "Annabeth told me.''

''Jason,'' she said, her voice cracking. "I'm already coronated. It's too late for us. Just...go back to Reyna."

He shook his head, hurt and shocked by her statement. "Piper...I love you. And I can't just go back to Reyna. I have some self-respect. I respect her."

Piper buried her face in her hands. "Well then what do you want to do?!! I spent everyday trying to find a way for us to be together. But it's IMPOSSIBLE JASON !!!" she screamed the last part and then crumpled to the floor, her body racking with sobs.

"Piper," he said, taken aback by her sudden out burst. Jason squatted down to her level, "I wish you had just talked to me."

"I saw Drew the other day," she sniffled. "She tried to kill me in my sleep. Smother me with a pillow."

"What?!" Jason exclaimed. He had never thought of Drew as a threat to Piper's safety before. Or at least he had hoped she wouldn't be.

Piper fisted her hand in her hair, "I don't know what to do Jason... I feel so guilty. Every time I look at you."

Jason tilted her jawline towards him. "Do you want to be with me?'' he asked, his voice barely a whisper. Her eyes were currently a unique shade of Purple.

"I do," she said, sniffling.

"Then let's do it. I'm not giving up on us."

"Jason," Piper threw her hands up in exasperation. 

He motioned for her to listen. "The rules prevent us from being married because we're both heirs and both Kingdoms need rulers right?"

"Yes, but-" Piper began. Jason shushed her.

"We can get married. But still live separate lives. You will be my wife, and we can be together. Just.....just not always." 

"Jason-"

"Would you be okay with that? Would you be willing to make that sacrifice for us? I love you Piper. I don't want to lose you completely."

"Is there no other way?" she sighed. Jason shook his head sadly.

"Kiss me", she said after several moments. Jason's heart did a little dance. 

"Yes, Jason Grace. I will make that sacrifice for us," she grinned.

They spent a while together. Talking, making out and discussing their future. It wasn't until the pilot announced that everyone should return to their seats that they did.

"So what have you two been doing ALL ALONE IN A ROOM?" Leo bellowed, a mischievous smile on his face. Beside him, Calypso was having a hard time curbing her laughter. "MAYBE YOU WERE-"

"Finish that sentence Leo, and I'll knock all your teeth out," Piper grinned at the taken aback Latino-Elf. Thalia wolf-whistled, "Dam Piper! If you weren't engaged to my brother I'd be so into you."

"And if you weren't engaged," Luke factored in.

Thalia leaned over and whispered, "Jealous babe? It's alright you don't have to share."

He took her in his arms and kissed her, "I won't."

Behind them, Annabeth giggled and leaned into Percy. 

Jason smiled at his friend's enthusiasm and sat down across from Percabeth.  Yes, they'd started calling the couple that, but of course, they didn't know. 

Percy was whining to Annabeth and Tyson about how much he hates flying and something about it not being his domain.

"THIS IS NOT WHERE I'M MEANT TO BE!! WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO FLY WHEN YOU COULD USE A SHIP!!!!" Percy whined.

Jason laughed. "Its faster. And easier."

Percy groaned and went into a long rant which Jason didn't listen to. He had noticed Annabeth looking at Percy, adoration evident in her eyes. 

He grinned and whispered to her, "You  really should get married to him you know."

Annabeth blushed. "I hope so," she muttered, just loud enough for Jason to hear.

Stay Tuned!!!

--- S & D

20K reads!! Thank you SO SO SO SO MUCH!

Here's an extra chapter as a thank you ;)

As we said, we were planning on doing a Q and A so you can ask us anything! We're extremely bored!