51. Hangout Sesh

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILLY BILLY," the group chanted as the golden head boy cut his birthday cake with a grin.

"Blow out your candles and make a wish!." Piper nudged him. Everyone was in a great mood. One because it was Will's birthday today. And two because tomorrow was the day they were all getting married.
A small tinge of sadness also hung above them, they were all going to miss each other a lot.

Will tapped his chin, as if deep in thought. And then, with a look of mischief that would rival the Stolls, he bent down and blew his candles.

"I wish...that Death boy would marry me right here right now," he laughed. Everyone turned to face Nico, who looked utterly stunned and was frozen in place like a statue.
When he didn't move for almost a minute, Reyna shook him, just to check if he was still alive.

The room was in hysterics. Everyone was laughing and screaming at Nico to marry will. They whooped and cheered and drank and ate, all while the poor pale boy stood there still in shock, his face redder than the redness of a tomato.

"What'd you say, Neeks?", Jason grinned, "Wanna marry Will right now ?"

Nico stuttered, blushing furiously." yes...I..yes...I...yup..mmhmm. Yeah"

Everyone let out a whoop.

"So who's gonna marry them?" Travis asked, his eyes glinting as he addressed the room. He was looking at Katie with a smile. She blushed.

Everyone turned to Reyna and Jason. It had to be one of them. Come on, who else could possibly be ordained?

"Why are you all looking at me?," he asked. Then realization dawned on him, "Yeah...I'm ordained. I wanted to see what exactly it meant to be ordained so that I could write an essay on-"

"Pup pup pup pup," Leo said, clamping Jason's mouth shut, " Yes. He's gonna do it!!"

Will grinned at Nico, who refused to look at him.

"Now now", Reyna clapped, effectively getting everyone's attention, "Come on everyone! We got a wedding to set up!"

"Would a wedding for two people work?" Travis asked. He raised Katie's hand as if she was the one asking the question. She blushed.

"Well, weddings normally require two people. But sure! I know what you mean," Annabeth said, smiling. She held Percy's hand tightly as he rubbed circles on her back.

"Make that three," Luke grinned, "I'm scared Thalia is gonna change her mind by tomorrow," he said, earning him a kick from her. She was smiling, however.

"Anyone else?" Reyna asked,
which reminded everyone of the priest during the last engagements.

Leo looked at Calypso, but she shook her head. She had dreamt of her wedding day since she was a child and getting married in jeans was not what she had in mind.

Everyone ushered the couples out of the room and began setting up with whatever decorations they could find. Which was easy since the room was already decorated for Will's birthday.

They set up a table in the middle of the room and called it a day. They spent almost 20 minutes deciding what else to do but they had no idea. So they just left the room as it was.
Covered in balloons, streamers and birthday cake.

When the expectant couples entered, the group ushered them onto the table.
Nico and Will were first, obviously.
They stood on the unsteady wooden table, trying to balance. They didn't have a stage so that would have to do.
And then, Jason appeared behind them, grinning like a maniac.

"Dearly beloved, we're gathered here today to-" he was cut off by a jeer from the Stolls.

"We're doing this so we don't have to listen to all that boring stuff! Just cut to the chase !," they yelled.

Jason rolled his eyes, "Nicooooo" he said in a singsong voice. The pale boy looked sunburnt, "Do you take Will Solace to be your husband? Will you let in be your solace in hard times?."

At that pun, a few snickers went around the room. Everyone looked very happy.

"Yeah," Nico nodded.

Jason turned and repeated the same thing to Will, who replied with an enthusiastic YES.

"And now you may make out," Jason finished. And that's what the boys did. Everyone cheered.

"Our turn!," Travis yelled, pushing the still kissing boys off of the table. They landed on the floor with a huff.

He extended his arm to Katie, who climbed onto the with him. She looked embarrassed and happy at the same time.

"Do you, Travis Stoll-", Jason began but was cut off within seconds by Travis.

"Yes," Travis said in an instant, kissing Katie.

Jason looked stunned. Connor looked like he was trying not to vomit. Everyone else was grinning.

Once Travis realised Katie's flushed face, Jason continued.

"Katie gardener, do you-"

"Why not?" she shrugged. Wrapping her arms around Travis, she kissed him.

Whether they were currently married or not, it was unclear. But it was nice nevertheless.

Luke pushed his brother off the table, laughing. He and Thalia decided to climb onto it.

"Umm...so do I start? Or...?", Jason asked his sister, still confused from his last one.

Thalia nodded, eyes not leaving Luke's, "Yup"

Jason spoke the words.

"Yes, of course," Luke smiled. Annabeth noticed the sheen of tears in his eyes.

Jason repeated the words to his sister.

"Duh!", she grinned. She leaned forward to kiss Luke hard.

Everyone cheered. Everyone partied. Everyone laughed and jested. Everyone danced.

No one seemed to notice, however, that as the night drew to an end. That  Percy and Annabeth had grown extremely quiet.

They stood apart from the crowd, silently in the corner.
The world faded around them as they held each other.
Percy wiped a sole tear-off of Annabeth's cheek. Tomorrow would be the end of them. Things never worked out perfectly for them, did they?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay tuned!!! 

-- S & D

Ignore this, normal hoomans

(D! we're almost done!! This is so surreal! And for GOD's SAKE! Pick up your damn phone! --S)