39- Blush

I ran downstairs to open the door but halted myself in the middle of the staircase when Raghav opened the main door.

He looked quite shocked upon seeing Tanya standing there though he quickly got hold of himself.

I stood there biting my nails in worry, hoping that another fight doesn't breakout.

"Umm...Trisha?" Tanya asked hesitantly to him, while also giving away the reason for her presence.

Even though I was in plain sight, they both hadn't noticed me.

"She must be in her room..Come in", Raghav replied just as hesitantly and moved aside so she could enter.

Just as I heaved a sigh of relief that their conversation was done, he scared me again when he called her again.

"Tanya"

"Yeah?" Tanya looked back at him in question.

"Umm..I wanted to apologize for the morning", Raghav spoke, looking at her with a guilty face.

"For scolding me?" she asked in astonishment.

Even I was shocked. It must have taken a lot of effort for him to apologize, seeing that they didn't get along.

"Of course not. You deserved the scolding", Raghav snorted coming back to his usual state.

He rubbed his hand on the back of his head in embarrassment and spoke again.

"For manhandling you. It happened subconsciously. You kept on shouting at Sia without listening to our pleads to stop and then Sia started crying and it just happened. Still, it doesn't make it right. Whatever reason might be, I didn't have any right to do that. I am so so so sorry. You weren't hurt, right?"

"No, I didn't get hurt. Even though you did it subconsciously, I don't think you used your whole strength. I am letting it go as it was the first time and your intention wasn't bad but the next time it happens, I won't spare you", Tanya forgave and threatened him at the same time.

Nodding, Raghav left the living room and Tanya turned towards the stairs.

"Aaah", a shriek escaped from her mouth upon seeing me.

"How much did you hear?" she asked with a groan and started climbing the stairs to join me.

"Everything", I answered shrugging and we both started walking towards my room.

"You should have made your presence known. I got so nervous", she stated, plopping down on my bed.

"I was nervous too. Hence, got rooted on the spot, unable to move", I replied, sitting beside her.

"Raghav and apologizing, this day is going to be written in golden words in history", Tanya commented.

I chuckled at her comment.

"Did you really forgive him? That too so easily?" I asked with raised eyebrows.

"He seemed genuinely sorry. Plus, this was his first mistake. If it ever happens again, I won't take it lightly", Tanya replied.

There was my strong best friend. I was quite shocked when she forgave him easily as Tanya wasn't the person who got scared and kept quiet when any injustice happened.

Though Raghav was my cousin and I knew his intention wasn't to hurt Tanya but protect Sia, using force on her wasn't right and I would have sided with Tanya even if she decided to not forgive him.

"Even though his actions were wrong, his words were right. I shouldn't have been so careless with Sia", Tanya spoke, letting out a sad sigh.

"I know. But I am sure you would be careful from next time", I said giving her a side hug.

"Yeah, I also apologized to her", she said.

"What about Samar?" I asked.

"What about him?" she questioned back in confusion.

Samar was right. Tanya didn't even realized that she insulted Samar.

"Nothing", I waved off the topic as there was no use of telling her this when Samar wasn't mad at her.

"Let's stop this topic and do something else", she said and snatched my phone.

"HEY! Give it back", I screamed at her to give it back but already started scrolled through it.

There wasn't anything in my phone to hide but my luck was so bad that Samar decided to message me at this very time.

"Let's go to the lakeside, which is at the outskirts of our town. Lunch is on me 😉".

"Woah!! What is this? Why am I not aware of all this?" Tanya frantically shook my shoulders in excitement.

"It's nothing. Just a friendly hangout", I waved it off but the blush on my face gave away all my feelings.

"Stop making excuses. It's a good thing that I am here. Let's select a dress for tomorrow", Tanya said and stood up like a girl in mission.

Our whole evening was spent giggling. She teased me and I kept on blushing.

********

Don't forget to click the star button if you enjoyed this chapter.