12- Aunt's past - Part II

I started pacing in anger. Giving Aunt benefit of doubt, I asked her pleadingly, "By any chance, are you talking about someone else? You know, whose just name matches with Rajveer Uncle".

Please say yes. I really hoped she said yes because Rajveer Uncle being my Mom's ex-fiance wasn't something that I could easily absorb.

Aunt shook her head, sighing in distress, she replied, "I am talking about your Uncle only. There's no other person".

"So, if Rajveer uncle was my mom's fiance, that means whatever that relative saw was absolutely true. Then why the hell are you saying that it was a misunderstanding?" I asked her preplexed about the situation.

This was the height of absurdity. Both were married for God's sake, what else would be needed to prove that what happened in the past was intentional.

"No, At that time nothing was going on between us, now can I finish what I was saying? Let me finish the whole thing before coming to any conclusion. If after hearing everything, you choose to not believe me, then I would accept your decision and won't force you to trust us", she said calmly but she looked a little annoyed upon getting interrupted.

Taking a deep breath, I sat down on the couch and waited for her to restart her tale.

"Let me finish, then you can ask as many questions you have. Now, where was I? Ah! yes, after that relative had babbled her mouth, we both tried explaining about what had happened but no one was ready to hear us, they all had a look of distrust, not a single person believed us.

"I thought even if everyone was against me, Megha would believe me, She was my twin, she knew me inside out but that day she chose to believe some distant relative over her twin.

"Our families were enraged and they disowned us. We both were outcasted at the same time but having no relation or anything, we both went in different ways after being thrown out.

"I don't know if it was fate or coincidence, after 2 years we met again in this town, far away from our previous lives.

"At first, we didn't knew what to do, it was so awkward. We were in a small town and not in our big city that we could just ignore each other and get on with our lives.

"We crossed paths, not once but many a times. Being the only people we knew in this unknown town, we eventually became friends. You know we just connected and now here we are happy with our lives", Aunt finished her story looking expectantly at me.

I looked at her silently, I didn't know what to say. The facts made sense. It didn't look like she was lying but still all this was too much for my mind.

"I need some fresh air", I told her and left the house without saying anything about my views on her past as I hadn't come into terms with it properly.

It was better to think about all this with a calm mind and then inform her if I trust her or not, rather than telling her something in rush and then regretting it forever.

                          ~~~•~~~

In the park:

I sat down on a bench of the park, and pondered about what my aunt said.
Who was right? Who was wrong? I didn't have any idea. I couldn't make any decision because I just knew aunt's side of the story not my mom's.

But then I thought, why should I even decide about right or wrong? It happened so many years ago, why should I be the one to carry a grudge about something I couldn't change? There wasn't any need.

Aunt was happy with Uncle and Mom would have never married an awesome person like dad, if this wouldn't have happened. There was no point in dragging the past.

"Arghh!!" I yelled out in frustration knowing even though I didn't blame anyone, it was going to be so awkward facing them especially Rajveer Uncle after knowing that he was once my mother's fiance.

It took me a month to look at my Aunt's face and now it was Uncle's turn. I was already feeling awkward and he wasn't even present here.

While I was busy thinking, a kid may be a 4-5 year old came out of nowhere, looking angry as hell. Putting her hands on her waist, she said, "You shouldn't yell like that. I got so scared".

Even though she was scolding me, I laughed out as she looked so cute.

Her frown increased seeing me laugh but she forgot her anger and smiled at me when I apologized to her holding my ears.

Before I could say anything more to her, someone called her and she went away yelling bye.

I felt quite relaxed after talking with her. Then I too stood up and started walking towards home.

********

Don't forget to click the star button if you enjoyed this chapter.