Chapter 33

[CONTINUATION OF THE LAST CHAPTER]

Rita's pov

We entered the photo studio next to the hair salon. "Hello, how can I help you?" a man asked, approaching us.

"I need a passport photo," I said to the man. ""But first we want some cute pictures of my girlfriend printed out, right honey?" Roman pulled me closer by my waist and kissed my head, making me feel butterflies in my stomach every time he introduced me as his girlfriend.

Honestly, I didn't mind at all, liked him calling me his girlfriend and deep down I wished his lie would be true. But it was a lie. I wasn't his girlfriend, I was probably just a fling to him until he would get rid of me.

"Yeah sure, we can do that, what kind of pictures? Do you have them on an USB.stick or something?" the man asked, brining me back from my thoughts.

"Yeah, what kind of pictures, Roman?" I frowned at him confused. "Memories," he smirked at me, confusing me more.

"I will AirDrop them to you," he told the man, taking his phone out. "What shall the size be?" the studio man asked.

"The normal size is fine." He turned around as I wanted to look at his phone to see what pictures he was talking about.

When the pictures were printed out the man looked back and forth between the pictures in his hand and I, before asking me curiously, "Is that you?"

I gasped as he turned the pictures towards me and I finally saw the pictures he was talking about. It was the pictures of the day after my wedding night — where I was woken up while kissing his nasty toe.

"Why did you print them out?" I hissed at Roman humiliated. "Why not? You look great on them," the asshole mocked me.

"That's one of the weirdest pictures I'd the pleasure to print out," the studio man muttered.

"She has a special bond with my toe," Roman embarrassed me more, giving him the death glare, I elbowed him, before telling him to shut up.

"I've always been told that the quietest and prettiest chicks are the craziest." The man nodded his head. "Apart from your fetish— I mean foot love, you seem pretty roughen up on those pictures, did you have an accident?"

"No, it was just make-up for Halloween." Roman saved me with another of his great lies.

"Have to praise the make-up artist." He nodded his head. "It was my husband," I muttered in a daze.

"She means ex-husband, stealing her from him was a hard battle, but finally she's mine."

"I'd fight for such a pretty lady too," he complimented me. "You wouldn't like to fight me," Roman claimed, his voice low, holding a warning to him as if he felt threatened.

"Chill man, she's all yours!" The man chuckled, trying to sooth the atmosphere that was slowly tensing up between them.

"Can we just please take the passport photo now?" I was worried he'd kill him by the way he was looking at him now. I didn't why he seemed so bothered, the man was just complimenting me.

"Sure! Please take a seat, Miss," he asked me, pointing to a place near a white wall. I looked around before taking a seat. It was a really small studio but looked cute inside. Taking my coat off, I tossed it to Roman, before I sat down.

"Should I smile?" I asked with a smile, as Roman's eyes ran down my body and his jaw clenched. He didn't see how I looked in the clothes until I took my coat off.

"If it should be a passport photo, then no ..." the photographer said, coming towards me with the camera, his gaze was directed downwards as he was doing something with the camera in his hands.