21: Taken by Force

(Fenrir's P.O.V)

No matter the pain I was suffering, alarm instantly began surging through me. It numbed my weariness, and sent my heart into overdrive.

My jaw tensed as I turned to meet my mother's eyes.

"....you're planning a genocide..." It was clear. With the clues Madeleine had spoken, the Magic Tower had refined a crystal so intricately, that they were planning to use it to wipe out Cradle.

If I wasn't on their side....I was as good as dead.

"That's the son I raised." My mother chuckled softly, adding a hint of deranged comedy into an otherwise devastating conversation. It only fueled more feelings of betrayal in my heart.

This...this wasn't right. This was...beyond treason. It was just...

Absolute tyranny.

"Each facet of our plan is ready, my love. You, the Godspeed son, are the only puzzle piece missing." My mother was grinning maniacally at me, amused beyond human recognition by my reaction. To her...this just seemed like some sort of game.

....but the chess pieces were countless lives.

My heart fluttered in my chest, sending me into anxious, panting breaths. I whipped around and met eyes with my father.

"D-Dad!? You're just...you're j-just going to let them do this!!?" 

I was grasping at straws, hoping and praying that somehow, my father would have even a sliver of remorse. A single thread of humanity.

Something...anything.....

But Benjamin's eyes were just as devoid of reason.

He broke into a sinister smile,and without a single response, he rose his hand to grab onto the shoulder of the dusty grey robe he wore.

I watched in terror as he pulled the robe down his shoulder, only to reveal an ornately inked black tattoo..

The sign of the Magic Tower.

No...

"Fenrir, you always had a hard time listening as a child. This is our choice, your mother's and mine. We want to bring Cradle into a new, more powerful generation. One that will recognize Magic as not just a necessity, but as advancement, and expansion. We want to move Cradle into the future."

I growled low in my throat. The Armies had been sharing the responsibilities of power for centuries, and were working towards a continuous, prosperous lifetime for Cradle. This advancement wasn't needed at all.

All it did was put Amon on the map to wield control...

My eyes moved upwards to glare at the shroud of evil that stood behind my father.

Amon was the one who was benefitting from this...he was the one who'd convinced my parents that this was right.

And he was the one I had to take down.

"Do what you will to me."

I snapped, narrowing my eyes at my father, then turning around to show my mother and Diedrich the same sentiment.

"I won't agree to work under Mystic. My life remains with the arm--KUH!"

Before I could finish my sentence, the butler dove forward and sucker punched me in my stomach wound. I instantly crippled to my knees.

"Very well then. We have your answer."

My mother's voice was no longer the comforting tone I'd grown up with. It was cold, heartless, and dissapointed.