25: You're a Failure

(Ray's P.O.V, the evening before the war)

So this was it.

Tomorrow morning, a full scale battle between the Red and Black Armies would commence in Central. We would fight against eachother for the most precious territory in all of Cradle.

But, it wouldn't be to the death.

The last few days, Lancelot and I spent hours and hours training our recruits - guiding and advising our lieutenants. And preparing previsions for this grand attack.

Because even though we were going to fight eachother, not a single drop of blood would be spilt.

The deal was, we would sparr with eachother. Fake-duel, all under the guise of a war. Clash blades and pummel eachother, but never actually hurt one another. This was only a tactic to lure out the Magic Tower's disciples.

From there, our two armies would launch an attack together, and wipe them out. Amon's army wouldn't stand a chance.

It was foolproof. Even with Magic at their disposal, the Red Army would easily wipe out the Magic Tower, thanks to the Black Army's brute strength.

This was the end of the line. Tomorrow, was d-day.

And at the end of it all, once we rendered Amon powerless, I will personally visit the Godspeed mansion, and take back my best friend.

Enough is enough. 

"S--SIR! MY K-KING!" 

I was sitting at my desk with my chin in one hand, lazily reviewing the paperwork for the strategy for tomorrow. Thinking over and over about every maneuver, and determining whether there were any faults in the plans. 

But the panicked voice of Gin sprinting down the hallway stopped me.

"Gin?" I blinked and looked up towards the door, just as he appeared. He was breathless; panting harshly with wide, terrified eyes.

I stood up from my desk and threw back my chair in the process.

"What's wrong?"

"S--Sir. Sir--- I-It's Sirius."

I instantly felt the blood drain from my face.

"He's gone."

I hesitated, before shaking my head to try and let his words sink in.

"Gone? That...that's not possible. He's asleep...he's still in an induced coma."

"I know, sir." 

The sergeant's eyes were shaking with confusion.

"...but...he's no longer in his bed. Myself and 5 other soldiers have been searching for almost an hour now.."

I couldn't help but attempt to swallow the stone in my throat. 

How....how was it even possible?

"He's just...gone."

---------------------------

(Fenrir's P.O.V, flashback)

"C-Come onnn! It's not that bad!!" I was pulling at Thomas' hand as I laughed. He was only a year younger than me, and yet he was such a scaredy cat. 

I was only 10, and yet I'd discovered this massive set of old ruins in the forest. Today was the first day I had time inbetween my studies to go visit my prized finding, and so I had spent the better half of 10 minutes trying to convince Thomas to come with me.