24: I'll Do Anything

(Fenrirs' P.O.V)

It was for her own good.

Despite the pain in my heart, I just had to take deep breaths and keep telling myself that. As long as she was safe, that's all that mattered. Even if I could never see her face again..

Atleast I knew she could live on peacefully.

"You look pretty shaken'."

Thomas broke me from my thoughts as he uttered awkwardly from behind my shoulder. I had been staring at the ground, which had housed a gaping hole to the Land of Reason only minutes ago.

Now...she truly was gone.

"Her and I were close, once upon a time." I spoke out coldly, more somber than anything. 

My best friend turned traitor who now served me was only cooperating based on my parents greedy wishes - I was well aware of that. His inclination that I was saddened by Kelly's departure was ony warranted as small talk for acquaintances.

It had no true care in it.

Regardless, I had to keep up appearances as much as I could. Even with the pain in my heart at sending the only true woman I loved away for good, I had to remain vigilant and on guard.

Thomas was strong enough to have the ability to betray me any moment.

I took another breath and steeled my nerves.

"She won't be interfering any longer. So it'll all go according to plan now."

I turned away from where the hole to Kelly's world once stood and met eyes with the Mystic frontman. He nodded curtly to me.

"Now that that's over, Madeleine will want a briefing for the next step of the plan. We should get back."

I agreed silently and stuffed my hands into my pockets, feeling around for the crystal I'd used to teleport here. I willed away the aching in my heart that just wouldn't settle.

It was time to get back to business. Time to focus on getting Cradle back -

"Huh?"

Just then, I noticed. I shoved my hands deeper into my pants pockets, digging for the Magic item.

No such luck. The crystal was gone.

"Hmm? You drop it?" Thomas blinked as he watched me fumble to search for the crystal. That item was undoubtedly larger than most rich noblemen could afford - most likely hundreds of thousands of Lin.

But somehow, I couldn't find it anywhere. I began looking to the ground around me, searching left and right. It was much too big not to see lying on the ground, so as I searched, I couldn't understand why I didn't see the item anywhere.

"I just had it...I-"

Suddenly, a thought hit me. I turned over my shoulder to glance at where the hole to the Land of Reason once stood.

...no. There's no way...

"Whatever. Even if you did drop it, it's not like we have a shortage of Crystals back at the castle."

I glanced sideways at Thomas, mulling over his words. He had a point; even if the Crystal was legitimately lost by now, my family had stockpiles that amassed more Magic than all of Cradle owned combined. 

But the question of where it had gone...that was the true mystery here.

Even if it was plausible that Kelly had somehow taken my crystal with her, she wouldn't be able to use it. Once she was back in the Land of Reason, Cradle Magic would be useless.