6: An Omen

(Woo! Two chapters in one day! I've been wanting to binge write this story for so long, I finally found some time to do so! I hope you enjoy :3 )

I was looking left and right, nervously searching for that large group of people. Mystic, I think they were called.

I couldn't believe they were gone. Had I truly been seeing things? Was I hallucinating somehow?

It felt so real. Them grabbing my arm and pulling me away, the voice of that man in my ear...

But even as we exited Central and walked through the forest and towards the Black Army castle, I still couldn't understand what had happened...

"I saw them too."

Fenrir's voice was quiet and downcast. With only the forest trees as our audience, I turned back to the Ace of Spades. The realization that I wasn't the only one who witnessed the attack sent my heart into a gallop.

"You did? So I wasn't hallucinating?"

I was so confused about what had gone on. Those ominous words that man spoke..and how rough those people were.

And then when I saw Fenrir fall to his knees as they surrounded him...

We stepped out into a clearing with a small pond. Here, I could feel the tension rise between the lieutenant and I. We both knew something wasn't right.

He came to pause at the edge of the pond, before turning back to me.

"I thought I was too, but if we both experienced that group of people, I'm sure it wasn't a delusion."

Fenrir;s eyes were tired. This was an ongoing issue, it seemed. For some reason, whenever we were out together, he always had these fatigue spells..

Biting my lip in worry for his well being, I stepped closer to him.

"Well, we survived, so it doesn't matter now. What's most important is that we get back so you can rest. You look exhausted..." I frowned up at him, to which his eyes instantly widened.

I guess he didn't expect me to notice.

Fenrir smiled somberly.

"So you noticed that...huh?"

He took a deep breath, then rubbed one of his tired eyes free of sleep.

"It's been happening often to me lately. When I'm out on patrol, or I'm out walking Shu Shu. All of a sudden I get so tired, I collapse."

His bright eyes looked downwards in shame. I could tell this was embarrassing for a man of his caliber in the army.

A bitter scoff fell from his lips.

"I can't even understand why it happens. I eat properly, and I've been making sure I sleep more than usual..."

I could see how upsetting this was for Fenrir. He looked so confused, unable to understand why he was suffering like this.

"Maybe... you're pushing yourself too hard..." I was compelled to help him in any way I could. Fenrir was such a kind soul, it was upsetting to see him struggling.

He sighed heavily and ran a hand through his pink hair.

"You could be right. Maybe I should be taking a few days off of training..." I could see his frown as he glanced down at his gun holsters at his side's.

"...but I just love training the recruits so much..." 

I couldn't help the soft smile that appeared on my face. Fenrir was such a kind soul, always doing whatever he could to help his friends and family.