13: Imposter

(Kelly P.O.V)

"The Princess! The Princess has arrived!

All I could see was black. A cold, still air hung around me, engulfing me in what felt like a stale, underground room.

"She will purge your soul! Take the first step into the light of Magic!"

I looked around me. I was sitting in a chair, with darkness spanning far and wide into the distance. I tried to stand, but my wrists wouldn't move. I glanced downwards and struggled to pull my arms from the armrests, but I couldn't move them.

"I..I can't move..." I stuttered, the ever creeping fear in my heart growing stronger. It felt like my wrists were bound, but I couldn't see a single item tying me to the chair.

I turned my head left and right.

I was alone. Unable to get free.

"H-help! Someone, anyone!!!" I yelled into the dim darkness.

Nothing, not a single sound responded.

I had to get out of here. If I couldn't rely on anyone else but myself, then I'd kick and scream till I broke this chair and got out of this terrifying room.

I couldn't keep being weak. I had to be strong. Even amongst all the crazy events that had just transpired, I had to get myself free.

I began shaking my body left to right, attempting to tip the chair over. If I could somehow break the armrests, maybe I could get my wrists free from whatever invisible force was holding them.

I slowly rocked back and forth, my weight tipping the chair a hard left, and a hard right. In moments, I jerked the chair right and toppled over.

"Woah now!"

But I didn't hit the ground.

I gasped and looked up, meeting eyes with a pale skinned, pink haired lieutenant, staring at me and hovering abnormally close to my face.

He'd caught the chair before I'd fallen.

"Calm down. I'll get you free."

My heart was thundering as I stared in shock at the man who'd suddenly appeared beside me. How was he here..?

"Fenrir?"

The Ace of Spades took a gentle hold of one of my wrists, and pulled hard. Whatever was holding it down snapped, and suddenly, my hand was free.

He stood up and walked to my other side and knelt infront of me, working on my other wrist.

"Whats going on? Where are we?"

I was beyond perplexed. One minute I was in the Godspeed mansion, and the next, I was here..in this confusingly dark and dismal room.

Fenrir could hear the shaky and fearful confusion in my voice. His bright eyes turned up to pause from freeing my wrist.

"It's okay..please, don't be scared..." Our eyes met and a somber expression covered Fenrirs face. To me, he looked real; unlike the imposter that had his hold on me earlier.

"B-b-but...what's going on? What are we doing here? Is it really you? What about that man with the tattoos?"

My voice continued to stutter. So much had happened so fast, I couldn't possibly fathom what was going on, and how this was all connected.

Fenrirs somber eyes turned to showcase hurt and he leant forward, placing a strong, comforting hand on my shoulder. His other hand moved to stroke my cheek.