10: The Party, Pt 1

(The next day, that evening)

(Kelly P.O.V)

This was...so embarrassing.

I descended upon the beach, clad in a gorgeous green twill gown, complete with lace black gloves and an ornate headpiece. I was currently without a date, since the Ace of Spades, who had invited me, was already in the mansion, waiting. 

I could feel my nerves rattling my stomach. I hadn't seen Fenrir since he jumped into the burning castle. The last time he and I visited his parent's mansion, the lieutenant was adamant that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with his parent's, or their wishes.

Yet...somehow, now, he was all for it.

....As I continued towards the entrance of the large building, I remembered back to yesterday...

(flashback)

Loki's sudden appearance at Blanc's cottage sent both Ray and I into a storm of desperate fear. He and I instantly dashed infront of the Cheshire Cat, longing for an answer.

"What did you see Loki?"

I trusted Ray to ask first. I could feel my heart shaking, worried that perhaps the news would be what I feared the most. Akin to the enigma that was the magic user infront of us, his familiar, mysterious smile was back on his pale face. That had to mean something good...right?

"Well, first of all, the Godspeed company was just getting to the castle when I left. They were supporting in sustaining the fire, which I thought was odd."

Ray crossed his arms, but didn't speak. He didn't seem too phased.

"They seemed like they had a handle on the blast, and I knew Harr would be there soon, so I decided to check in on the Godspeed estate."

My pulse quickened. That was the mansion Fenrir had taken me to after my incident.

To my surprise, Loki started off with a shrug. "Nothing out of the ordinary seemed amiss. I did a perimeter, but didn't see anything suspicious. That is, until I happened to come upon a certain slightly open window." 

Rays eyes widened slightly, and his jawline tensed.

"Did you find him?"

Loki nodded curtly.

"Mmhmm. I found him alright. He had only minor injuries and burns due to the fire. But what worried me was his headache."

"Headache?" Ray and I spoke in unison. We were hanging on the edge of his every syllable.

"Madeleine Godspeed was with him. Trying to console his headache. But he was in alot of pain. They were also arguing about something specific. From what I gathered, Fenrir has been dodging questions about taking over the business for long enough that it's upset his mother quite severely."

Ray instantly turned over his shoulder and shot an incredulous look at Sirius. The Queen sighed and shook his head.

"He told me he had it covered; that no one needed to know because it was taken care of..."

The King, in response, took a deep breath and let out a long, heavy sigh of exasperation, before putting his hand to his forehead in annoyance.

"Damnit Fenrir.."

From what I could gather based on Rays response, the King of Spades knew some things we didn't.

"...did he tell you, Ray?"