26: Maybe It's You I Needed - All Along

(Fenrir's P.O.V)

I know I've made some bad decisions.

I know I haven't accepted the help when I needed it.

Going at this all alone....trying to protect everyone from the mess I caused...it wasn't the best idea.

...but if something happened to you...I don't know what I'd do.

If I didn't push you away - Luka, Ray, Sirius, Seth....more of you would've been hurt. I couldn't bear to see you fall under for decision's I'd made...

And Kelly...if I didn't send you back to your time....if you stayed, and I watched you get pulled even deeper into this dangerous war...

I wouldn't be able to handle seeing you in pain. Not after the few times I witnessed you crying, scared and hurt, at the hands of Mystic already..

This is all my doing. My parents are the ones that have caused all of this strife.

And maybe now, after all this time trying to snuff out this ever-burning fire by myself..

Maybe now, it's time I finally face myself - and the enemies I'd once loved so much.

WHAM!

I choked out a soft groan as Diedrich slunk forward and knocked me hard in the chest, forcing the air out of my lungs and leaving me hardly able to gasp a breath. The sparks of Magic I'd sent into the sky had momentarily distracted the butler and my mother, but by now, my disadvantage was growing. I had a single broken hand, and my head was already spinning from the various attacks from my mom.

THOK!

"LET-GO-!" My mother hissed from behind as her servant grabbed me by the collar and shoved me into a tree. My one hand dangled aimlessly, while the other held the crystal tight to my chest in my jacket, refusing to let go.

WHAM! THWACK!

Yet again I was being pummelled in the face. I had to close my eyes in agony as I focused on my breathing, trying to slow my heart rate and ignore the pain.

I won't let you have it.

Do what you want to me. I will never let you have it.

I'd suffered days worth of torture at the hands of the butler already. No matter what he chose to hurt me with, I was sure I would endure it.

Just enough, until - 

"G---gahhhh----!" I groaned as yet another punch to the gut made me lean forward with nausea. Blood was pouring from my mouth, and my cheeks were swelling up. Diedrich brought his fingers to my one good wrist and sent Magic through them, pulsating my skin in fire. Still, I hung on, refusing with all my might to let go.

I didn't do this for nothing.

"Diedrich...enough of this! Knock him out - we can't let my idiotic son ruin our plans for Cradle!" My mother was barking orders at him, obviously perturbed and beyond annoyed by my refusal to give up. The servant increased the pressure on my wrist - so much so, that my fingers were growing numb.

"Fenrir....you are stupid to continue to fight." Diedrich uttered as he raised his other hand, allowing it to radiate Magic -

"It's sad...to know that in the end, your selfish idiocy is what will be your demise..."

Even with those last words, I didn't move an inch.

"Pry it out of my hands for all I care." I snapped hoarsely through the antagonizing pain. I met my enemy's eyes with sheer, unbridled determination.