14: Nowhere to Run

(Fenrir's P.O.V)

I had always been aware of the fact that my parents didn't like my constant rejection of their plans for my future, but I never guessed they would go to these kind of lengths. My mother, surely the driving force behind their decisions, had to have something else big planned.

It didn't make sense as to why she was pushing an imposter into the limelight as a figurehead...

My stomach churned as Ray spoke. He was right. This had been a gruelling plan that was a long time coming.

"I can't believe they would do this..." I took a deep breath and shut my eyes, emotional pain now wallowing up in my chest along with the physical pain of whatever kind of Magic I was under.

This was becoming a huge, volatile situation. I knew that the letter's were coming more frequently, and I was aware that my parent's were angry that I was ignoring them.

But I didn't think they would attack my castle...and kidnap my friends to try and get their way...

"Fenrir, you have to relax. We have to look at this logically.." Ray lightly squeezed my shoulder, trying to sway my thoughts from the confusion and betrayal I felt. Somehow everything was tangled in this web of hostility. Even Thomas, my childhood friend, was against me...

It had to be him. There was no one else who could act just like me.

"They've taken everything...the castle is under major renovations now after this blast they caused. They have Kelly, and they're parading her around with someone who acts and looks just like me, the new CEO of the Godspeed company." I put my hands over my face and took a heavy breath.

"They've somehow convinced Thomas, my childhood friend, to take over as the pinnacle of this whole charade, and have somehow lead some kind of cult...---"

I suddenly paused in my sentence.

Wait a minute.

"That's it!"

I stood up quickly, only to be straightened once again by Harr as my headache caused my balance to sway.

The connections were beginning to make sense. If I could just...

"Loki." I turned towards the Cheshire cat as he leant against the fireplace just across from me. Ray's office was cool, despite the heated conversation we were currently engulfed in.

"Hmm?" His two coloured eyes turned up to stare at me.

"Can you and Harr change your appearance with your Magic?"

My question was specifically pointed. We were losing time.

Loki's eyes narrowed as he understood the severity of my question.

"I can. Not for more than a few hours..."

"What are you trying to get at?" Harr stepped inbetween Loki and I, eyeing me suspiciously.

"You know as well as anyone that using too much Magic can cause grave implications. Changing your appearance is---"

"I just need it for an hour." I swallowed, hoping my stern expression would convince Harr.

"If you and Loki can use your Magic to pose as me, you can get Kelly out of the castle."

Ray came to step in line beside me.

"It's not a bad idea..."

"Ray and I will go to my parents and face both them, and Thomas. While Kelly is alone with only the other Mystic members, you two can infiltrate the cult and rescue her."