11: The Party, Pt 2

(Kelly P.O.V)

My heart wouldn't stop racing.

How was I possibly going to find Fenrir? Especially when there was an imposter here as well?

...was it the work of Magic? How could I....

No, I had to try. Harr, Loki and Ray were all nearby. Surely I would be safe with them watching over me.

With a newfound confidence, I took a deep breath, fixed my hair in the mirror quickly, then exited the bathroom.

Now, to find Fen--

"Heeyyy!"

I could hear a voice calling me to my left. I turned.

...speak of the devil.

Fenrir jogged up to me, waving his hand. He had done up his collared shirt and tucked it in, and now wore a jet black, matte tie.

...he looked extremely expensive.

"Geez, you run way too fast in those heels." The Ace of Spades came to stop infront of me. He was panting softly.

I didn't immediately respond. That wave of relaxation that had come over me in his room...

I was anxious to get too close. I didn't even know who I was really talking to.

I watched his eyes scan over me. They widened slightly and he seemed to bite his lip.

"Look... I'm sorry if I scared you in my room back there.."

He kept his distance. My body was stiff, hoping he wouldn't attempt to come any closer.

"If I made you feel uncomfortable...I do apologise. I let my mind get ahead of me..." His bright pink eyes looked down towards his feet. For a moment, it didn't feel like this Fenrir was an imposter at all. His expression seemed...so genuine...

I frowned.

"I'm sorry too...I didn't mean to run away.." I gave in. Maybe if I responded, his replies would give me an inkling into what was going on.

..I had to try.

His head turned up to me and a bright, calm smile broke onto his face.

"Don't worry about it. I know this is overwhelming..."

Wasn't that the truth.

I looked down bashfully and tucked some of my hair behind my ear.

"To be honest..I haven't ever been to a party this grand before...I'm not even sure how to behave, or what to do..."

A warm hand softly placed itself on my shoulder. I looked back up to Fenrirs face, and from the sympathetic look in his eye...

...it looked like him. Like the real, calm and collected Fenrir.

I swallowed. Had I been wrong?

"Don't sweat it. It took me years to get used to this sort of thing." He then checked his watch on the other wrist.

"Good. We have enough time."

I blinked.

"For what?"

That charming smile I had grown fond of returned to his face.

"What do you say we go for a tour of this place? There's even a private pond in the backyard.." Fenrir gave me a friendly wink. I felt my heart grow lighter with excitement.

What was I thinking? His mannerisms, the way he spoke..

This had to be him.

I broke into a smile.