12: Struggle

(Kelly P.O.V)

The excitement and heat of the moment was making me dizzy. The bright lights, the clapping and cheering from the crowd, and the strong arm that wrapped around my waist and pulled my small hips closer to him in that moment...

It felt so right.

My heart was thundering in my chest. All those moments of stress and worry leading up to this, with Fenrir's fatigue spells, that odd accident in Central, and the fire...

All my fears were melting away.

I could do this. I could make it to the 30 days, as long as I had Fenrir's--

Wait.

Was I sure this was him? From what I knew of the Ace of Spades, he nearly refused to step another foot in this castle for longer than needed. He hardly entertained his parents wishes, and the last time I'd heard about him...

...he had a massive headache.

Like lightning to water, my nerves began to tingle. Our lips broke apart, and the weight of the questions I still hadn't answered sat heavily on my shoulders.

Fenrir's warm eyes stared into mine.

Easy, Kelly. If you just word it right...

Adopting a seductive expression on my face, I rose my fingers to softly intertwine with Fenrir's hair. Every second that passed by had my heart pounding even harder in my chest.

"You're loved by so many. It's amazing to see how the people adore you, Fenrir.."

The real Ace of Spades would have blushed in embarrasment, and probably would have bashfully began rubbing the back of his head.

'Heh, I'm not really that popular ya know...' is what he would have said. Fenrir wasn't the cocky, prideful type. He was fun, exciting, and always so modest.

I watched in anticipation, hoping he would react the way I wanted him to. Waiting and praying he was real...

But I was right.

This wasn't Fenrir at all.

The imposter rose an eyebrow at me, then smirked a little.

"I guess so..." He shrugged, before pulling me in for another kiss. My body instantly froze.

I had to make sure.

"Ah! Well I--" the crowd was still cheering around us. I put a still hand on his chest to pause his forward gesture.

"I just...I admire how you can be so disciplined. I've heard you've been suffering from terrible headaches since your childhood..."

Every inch of my stomach balled into knots. If he was the real Fenrir, he would recognize the headaches...as per Loki, he just had one yesterday...

"Oh.." the imposter hesitated for a moment, then leant forward and nipped at my lips.

A sly dangerous smirk befell his features.

"...so that's how you want to play, Alice."

Fearful shock electrified my body, but I couldn't stop it as the imposter pulled me roughly forward and placed another kiss on my lips; this one much more needy and forceful. His arm that was looped around my waist tightened, and his fingers squeezed my hip, so tight, I could feel his nails digging into my skin.

I could tell. This was a warning.

The imposter pulled back, and I saw his eyes flash a bright, ominous yellow, for just a second.