Same hospital ⚠️

TW: suicidal actions and depression
Charlotte, Ric, and Beth
AN: Beth is Charlotte's mom's name
Ric's POV

I was driving home when my phone went off, I didn't think anything of it and just let it ring. Five minutes later it went off again. This time I answered "hello?" "Ric it's me" "what do you want Beth?" My ex wife Beth and I didn't exactly have the best relationship, we were civil when around the kids but not anytime else. "Ric drop the attitude. It's about Ashley" I started paying attention, the only thing Beth and I always agreed on was doing what was best for our kids. "What's wrong? Is she ok?" "Ric she's back in the psych ward." No. No, Ashley was getting better, the meds were working. "Is she ok?" "Becky called and said she found Ash in the bathtub soaking in her own blood unconscious." I started crying, I already lost one child I wasn't about to go through that pain again if I could save her. "Same hospital?" "Yeah" "Ok I'll be there in five minutes."

At the hospital
Beth's POV

I was worried. Ash had struggled with depression since she was twelve but it had gotten much worse after Reid died. It wasn't the first time one of us had found her in a bathtub filled with her blood. But this was by far one of the worst times. I sat on the bed holding her hand, she still hadn't woken up yet.

Ric barged through the door looking more scared than I'd seen him during our 23 years of marriage. "Has she woken up yet?" he asked. I could tell he had been crying. "No, they aren't sure if she'll wake up this time." "Beth please don't say that." "I'm sorry I'm just telling you what the doctor said. I already called David and Megan. I told them one of us would keep them updated." He just nodded. "Do you know what triggered it?" "Becky said Ash and Bobby got into a fight and her called her a worthless piece of trash home wrecking slutty entitled rich bitch." I went to block the door. I knew Ric's thought process 'act first, think later' he would kill Bobby if he could.

"Mommy" Ric and I both turned our attention to our daughter. "Hey Winky how do you feel?" "Alive" Ashley looked down almost disappointed when she said that. Ric ran over and hugged her. "Winkster" "hey daddy, where am I?" "They had to readmit you baby girl." "Oh, how long do I have to stay this time?" "I don't know Wink we'll find out later. The important thing is that you're alive." We stopped saying 'ok' when we saw how not ok Ashley really was. "Will you make my meals so I don't have to eat hospital food?" Ashley asked me. "Of course I will baby, just like last time."

Ashley's POV

Just then my psychiatrist walked in. "Hey Ash" "hi" "do you want to tell me what triggered this?" I shook my head. I didn't want to talk about it. "You want to tell me why you haven't been taking your meds?" My parents both looked at me. "I don't like them, they don't work." "Ashley yes they do, you have to take them or no more wrestling." "No you can't do that!" "Ashley you're getting worse not better. I'm worried you aren't psychologically well enough to work anymore." "Nope you're wrong I'm fine, hell I'm great even." She got up and left, I knew she was probably right but I was fine. "Winky why haven't you been taking your meds?" My mom looked terrified about that. "Because they don't work!" "Yes they do Ashley. You have to take them!" "No, I don't!" My dad was crying at the end of the bed. "What's wrong?" I asked softly. I hated seeing my parents upset. "I already lost your brother Ashley I don't want to lose you too." Now we were all crying. Reid was the only thing that connected all of us after the divorce. "I'm sorry. I'll start taking my meds again I promise." I hugged my parents, I knew how terrified they got when this happened.