Calm Me Down ❀ Chongyun

╒═════════════════✰°

𝑰𝒇 𝑰 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒃𝒐𝒚,
𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒅𝒂𝒚...

°✰═════════════════╛

"Why am I here again?" You sighed, your boredom seeping into the air

"Because Xingqiu said he needed to go somewhere today, and you agreed."

"Is this what you deal with every day? Just sitting in random haunted houses waiting for a ghost? You know you're not gonna see one, right?" You asked.

Chongyun stayed silent after that and you looked over to see him staring at the floorboards. You could tell he was upset after your comment and you instantly felt a pang of guilt strike you in the heart.

You scooted across the floor over to him and tapped his shoulder to get his attention. He hummed in response, but didn't tear his gaze away from the floor.

"I'm sorry," you mumbled in embarrassment. "I didn't mean to make you upset. I didn't actually mean it..."

"It's fine, you were probably right anyway," he replied.

"No, I'm sure you'll see a ghost someday!" You argued. "Your congenital positivity can't control you forever, can it?"

"Maybe it can."

You groaned and hugged him from the side, resting your head on his shoulder. He stiffened before forcing himself to relax. He wasn't used to physical contact between you two, but it was nice. He'd never say it, but he wished you'd hug him more often.

"Don't let something stupid I said make you give up now, okay?" You muttered, growing tired.

Chongyun smiled gently and leaned his head against yours, "Okay."

"Y'know, I don't understand you," you suddenly said. "Why would you wanna see a ghost so bad? Or a demon, even. Wouldn't that be kinda terrifying? I mean, it would be cool but it would be horrifying. I'd probably be traumatized or something."

"Well I'm an exorcist, it's my job," he responded. "I'd like to properly exorcise a demon."

"Still traumatizing," you commented. "But when you do end up exorcising a demon, let me know so I can get there and see it."

"Didn't you just say it would be traumatizing?"

"Don't use my words against me, I don't know how my brain works."

You hugged him tighter and Chongyun could feel his face getting hot. He started getting worried that he'd heat up too much and do something he didn't intend to, but he didn't want to break contact with you.

"Um- Y/n-"

"Hm?"

"I think the house it cleared, w-we should probably go."

"I guess you're right, we've been here for an hour," you agreed. "But I wanna stay like this for a while... Please~?"

"Um, I don't think that's a good idea..." Chongyun disagreed.

"Sorry, am I making you uncomfortable?" You apologized, letting go of him and moving back so you could look him in the eye.

He avoided eye contact, or looking at you at all, "No, it's not that! Just..."

He trailed off as he took a glance at you, but he ended up staring into your e/c eyes. You gazed back, confused at his sudden behavior.

"Chongyun-"

You were cut off by Chongyun pressing his lips against yours, sending a pleasant shiver down your spine. You were surprised, but you closed your eyes and accepted it with a massive blush on your face.

He eventually pulled away and you felt dizzy, realizing what just happened. Chongyun himself seemed surprised, the red on his face growing darker.

"I'm so sorry, I couldn't help it, I-"

"Is that your way of confessing to me?" You giggled.

"...Well, I guess... Yeah..."

"Then I like you too!" You beamed.

Chongyun could feel his body heating up and he knew he needed to have something cold.

"I'll have to buy you a few popsicles on our way back," You laughed, standing up.

"I-I'm sorry in advance if I do anything else to make you uncomfortable. I need to calm down..." Chongyun stated with a sigh as he stood.

"Don't worry. I'll keep you in check," you promised with a smile. "Now, let's get going!"

You grabbed his hand and practically dragged him out of the house without collecting the money, but all Chongyun could focus on was your hand in his. His head was on fire.

He was definitely going to need a popsicle or two.