𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐬 ❀ 𝐊𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐡𝐚

┌───────🍁───────┐

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲,
𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲...

└───────🍁───────┘

—gender neutral reader—fluff—original genshin au + golden apple archipelago + day one of kazuha week! (happy birthday beloved <3)—2

gender neutral reader
fluff
original genshin au + golden apple archipelago + day one of kazuha week! (happy birthday beloved <3)
2.1k+ words

「 MIDSUMMER PHOTOS 

the archipelago shined exquisitely under the midsummer sun, with hilichurls and other creatures littered across each island while you resided on the only isle free of danger. as a few of your companions basked in the sun's warmth, you instead retrieved your kamera from the bag you carried with you and did your best to capture the images of the other island, the mellow-blue sky acting as a perfect backdrop.

you were so encapsulated by your work that you hadn't noticed mona approaching from behind until she slapped your arm with the back of her hand, rousing a yelp from your lips. shooting her a short-lived glare, she huffed with amusement and you rolled your eyes, returning your gaze to the kamera lens.

she couldn't possibly understand the beauty of your photos, and how precious they were. oh, how awful it would be if you somehow found one of them trampled upon, or dripping in water. anything to damage your little treasures would shatter your heart, but she didn't seem to catch your fondness for such things as she pulled the device away from your face before you could click another picture.

"you must learn to enjoy the moment, y/n," she sighed. "living in these photos won't better your experience."

"mona!" you whined, reaching for the kamera as she held it further away to avoid you. "the point is to preserve the experience! c'mon, give it back!"

while this took place, kazuha absentmindedly stared over at you, noting the way your nose scrunched up in annoyance and a glint of relief reflected in your eyes once you found the kamera in your arms again. the only one who commented on the wanderer's behavior was xinyan, who'd been trying to explain a story about one of her performances, when a particularly... energetic boy joined her on stage.

"somethin' caught your eye, hmm?" she teased with a lighthearted smirk.

heat rose to his cheeks as he smiled bashfully, eyes locking onto xinyan, "a-ah, apologies... it would seem my mind is elsewhere."

"clearly," the rockstar snickered.

she urged him to speak with you, but he hastily denied with the excuse that you were 'busy', despite seeming perfectly open to conversation as you now laughed along with something mona said. meanwhile, the astrologist was now the irked one. your smile dazzled him, your skin crinkling below your eyes due to your mirth.