Night Terrors ❀ Hu Tao

┌───♡──────────┐

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝...

└───♡──────────┘

;; Comfort for Nightmares ;;

Hu Tao burst into your room, worry resting in her expression. Ever since she moved into your serenitea pot, her concern for you grew endlessly. From time to time, you'd start yelling in your sleep, terrified by your nightmares. It had become difficult to fall asleep at all, scared that you'd face another horrific vision. You hadn't told her about your night terrors, so her first time finding out about them was experiencing them for the first time herself, from an outside perspective of course.

"Y/n! Y/n, wake up!" She hissed, shaking you until your eyes finally shot open.

You tried backing away, but you ended up knocking your head against the headboard of your bed, "Ow..."

"Hey, what happened? Are you okay?" Hu Tao asked.

You were always surprised when she became more serious than normal, since she was always joking around and rarely took things seriously. But whenever you had nightmares, she was there for you and you couldn't have felt luckier.

"I-I was locked up..." You stammered, tears close to dripping down your face. "A-And they tortured me... It hurt... It hurt so much... I'm sorry, I woke you up, didn't I?"

"It's fine," Hu Tao said, moving to sit a bit closer to you. "I'm here, okay? C'mon, let me give you a hug!"

You immediately wrapped your arms around her and let the tears fall, crying into her shoulder. She returned your embrace, letting you unleash all your emotions. She stroked your head as some form of comfort, and after a while, you finally felt a bit better. You exhaled, pulling away from Hu Tao.

"I have an idea," she grinned. "Y'know, maybe if you think about more things that make you happy before you go to sleep, you'll have more good dreams! So in that case, think of me before falling asleep!"

"I'll try that, hah..." You smiled half-heartedly.

"Hm," Hu Tao hummed. "It's still really early. Do you want me to stay here and help you go back to sleep? We can cuddle if you'd like~."

"That would be nice..." You admitted.

"Okay," she giggled, climbing into bed with you and hugging you tightly. "Anything for you."

"Thank you..." You blessed. "You could've moved out already..."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because I always end up waking you up in the middle of the night..." You pointed out.

She sighed, "Not always. If me being here helps you calm down when you get nightmares, I'll stay for as long as I have to and longer! Okay?"

"Okay..."

"Something tells me you still don't believe that."

"Not really..."

"Well, whether you believe me or not, it's true," she smiled, kissing your cheek. "Now go to bed, and think of me!"

"You'll be here when I wake up, right...?"

"Of course I will."

"Okay..."

You felt your eyes unwillingly close as you blacked out, fatigue catching up to you. It was nice, though. You could briefly feel Hu Tao playing with your hair before you gave in and fell asleep for the second time that night. Positive dreams await you.