A Birthday Present, for You ❀ Albedo

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞...

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

Albedo was always a bundle of mystery to you

Albedo was always a bundle of mystery to you. Despite you working with him for quite an extensive amount of time, you didn't learn much about him other than the fact that he loved alchemy. But there were a few facts in particular that you recalled when thinking of what to get him for his birthday.

"...Did I just take all of them?" You blinked as you gazed across the field on Starsnatch Cliff.

You glanced at the bunch of Cecilias in your hands and took a deep breath before heading back to Mondstadt. When you arrived, you made your way to Good Hunter to pick up your order. Once that was done, you mentally prepared yourself to trek through Dragonspine. You glanced into the box your order was contained in and saw the small slice of cake. You smiled and closed it before leaving again. You couldn't afford to waste such precious time.

Meanwhile, Albedo was wondering where you were. You should've been there an hour ago, and he was growing concerned. He thought you might've gotten caught up in some trouble on your way up the mountain, but he knew you could handle yourself, so even if you were late, you'd still get there.

But there was no trouble. You were just on your way to Dragonspine, bag hanging over your shoulder, while you worked on your second gift for him, using the flowers you picked on Starsnatch Cliff.

About half an hour later, you'd finally crossed the broken bridge to reach the cave where you spent most of your time. You stood in the entrance with snowflakes spread out in your hair, staring at Albedo as he paced back and forth.

He finally glanced over and noticed your presence. "Y/n. Are you okay?"

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine, why?" You asked.

"You're over an hour late."

"I-I am?! Oh, shoot, I didn't realize! I had some stuff to pick up this morning... For your birthday. Happy birthday, Albedo!" You beamed, taking the box out of your bag and holding it out to him.

He was shocked, to say the least. "...A present?"

"Yeah, of course," your grin softened into a smile. "I made sure to keep it safe on the way here. The temperature made it easy."

He carefully took the box and set it on an empty spot on the table beside him. He opened it and you noticed his eyes sparkling subtly as he looked at the cake. There was also a spoon provided in the box.

"You got this for me? Why?" He asked, looking back to you.

"Because it's your birthday, obviously."

"Birthing is a natural occurrence, I'm no one important."

"But I'm celebrating your existence, because I'm glad you exist. And you are important to me," you said softly, taking a few steps toward him until you were right beside him.

Albedo was speechless, and he could feel his face suddenly heating up. He was curious about why he was feeling that way. The urge to experiment presented itself.

"...Thank you."

"You're welcome," you giggled. "Oh! Oh! One more thing."

There's more? He thought.

You reached into your bag and gently took out the flower crown. You didn't want it exposed to the cold, so you kept it in your bag and moved very carefully so you didn't crush it. You were glad it was still intact.

"A flower crown?"

"Yeah! I thought it'd look nicest on you."

You held it up and placed it on his head, growing much closer to him. He observed you closely, his gaze landing on your lips for a short second before he forced himself to close his eyes.

"So... How do you like your gifts?"

He opened his eyes. "I love them, since they've come from you."

"...So if I didn't give them to you, you'd hate them?"

"I'd still like them," he chuckled. "Just not as much."

"Oh, that's good," you sighed with relief, still not realizing how close you were to Albedo. He could feel your breath fanning his face.

"Hm," he hummed quietly.

"W-What are you thinking about?" You queried, finally noticing the lack of distance between you and him. Yet you didn't move away.

"Y/n."

"Yes...?"

"May I kiss you?"

HUH!? You thought.

"Y-Yeah, of course, but-"

He cut you off by pressing his lips against yours, causing you to suck in a sharp breath through your nose. Your eyes fluttered closed and you kissed back, feeling the butterflies flying around in your stomach. It felt good. Albedo wasn't expecting to feel such an explosion of emotion, but he wasn't disappointed. And when you both pulled away, he wanted to do it again.

"S-So..." You stammered. "Why did you want to do... that?"

"I wanted to know how it felt," he stated. "It felt good."

Your face was burning up, causing him to chuckle. He took the flower crown off and put it on you instead.

"I like it. But if I'm being honest, it looks better on you. And seeing you with it is much more of a present than wearing it myself."

You tried to say something, but you couldn't get any words out. So instead, you pulled him closer again and kissed him. It didn't last as long as the first one, and the burst of emotions disappeared quickly as you pulled away, turning around to hide your face.

"Y/n?"

"Y-Yeah...?"

"I think I love you."

"I-I think I love you too."