𝐌𝐲 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 ❀ 𝐊𝐚𝐳𝐮𝐡𝐚

┌───────🍁───────┐

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨, 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭,
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧?

└───────🍁───────┘

❥ 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘎𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳: 𝘕𝘦𝘶𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘭

❥ 𝘞𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴: 𝘕𝘰𝘯𝘦

Category: 𝘍𝘭𝘶𝘧𝘧

Original Genshin AU

Word Count: 873

Unedited

「 MY OLD HEART 

❝Cherry blossoms sway
In the midst of the sunset
That will change our lives.❞

your skin glittered in the setting sun as maple leaves drifted from above. some of them ended up tangled in your hair, but you didn't mind. it was peaceful, and everything was still. the sounds of the city nearby were hauntingly quiet, so the whispers of the wind were able to reach your ears without trouble.

this was quite the contrast to the night when kazuha fled inazuma to free himself from the vision hunt decree. at that time, everything was chaos and alarms were blaring in your head, screaming at you not to let him go. unfortunately, you didn't have much of a choice. you only hoped he would return after everything was over, if it ended at all.

the breeze sent you the sound of distant footsteps, crunching the fallen leaves with every solemn step. your eyes rolled in annoyance due to the unwanted disturbance in your tranquility. as the noises grew closer, they poked holes through your bubble of serenity and interrupted your headspace. as your hands clutched the grass beside you while you sat atop the small cliff, the footsteps ceased.

"apologies for disrupting you, love."

the small chuckle that accompanied those words was one you recognized very well, and it made your heart swell. tears suddenly stung your eyes as you paused all movement and pondered over whether this had to be a dream or not. your head slowly turned to look toward the voice's source, and your blood rushed at the sight. you scrambled to your feet, swiping dirt on your hands in the process, though you weren't conscious of it.

"kazuha...?" you exhaled, your voice leaving you in a fragile whisper.

once you saw the subtle nod of his head, your body moved before your mind and you jumped into his arms, tackling him in a tight embrace. you both rolled down the small hill you'd been standing on, specks of dirt covering your clothes and skin. after the world stopped spinning, you realized kazuha was hovering over you with a breathtaking smile as he played with a few strands of your hair.

"are you real?" you whimpered, your lips quivering as your tears cascaded down the side of your face and landed in the grass. your hands reached up and patted his chest before brushing along his neck, then finally resting on his cheeks. his face was somewhat blemished, but he was still perfect. he was always perfect.

"i'm real," he whispered. "we're both real."

"i waited for you," you cried feebly. "i waited so long, and you never-"

"i know," he breathed, caressing your cheek with his thumb. "i know, and i'm sorry. i'm so sorry, love."

"you're such a jerk," a heavy laugh escaped you as your hands slid down to the back of his neck.

you pulled him down and connected your lips, the softness of his meeting yours. it was a kiss of desperate longing, and you were almost unable to let go. you loved the plushness of his lips; the plushness of him. after you broke away, you realized he was crying as well, and his tears dripped down to your cheeks. even so, he held a joyful smile.

"hey, no, don't cry," you muttered, your lips curling upward. "are my kisses really that bad?"

"no," he exhaled shakily, his voice trembling. "your kisses are perfect."

he leaned down and attached his lips to yours once more, closing his eyes to revel in your affections. even when he pulled back, he only did so to take a quick breath before diving back into you. his body pressed against yours softly; you both fit together like a puzzle. your face flared up in a bright mixture of red hues, but it was a welcomed sensation that you'd missed during the time he was absent.

"i hope you wrote poems about me while you were gone," you said with a short-lived laugh after you both disconnected.

"i wrote plenty," he mumbled, resting his head in the crook of your neck and kissing your skin.

"you'll have to read them for me later," you murmured as he raised his head, pressing his forehead against yours.

"i missed you so much," he offered a shaky smile as his breath tickled your lips. "i love you, y/n. i love you so, so much."

"i love you more," you giggled. "you have no idea how long i've been waiting to kiss you again."

his face faded to a shade of deep crimson as his eyes darted away from yours, "i've been waiting quite a while, too..."

"you're so adorable, sweetheart," you said, one of your hands resting on the back of his head while the other twirled a few strands of his hair around your finger.

"hey, it's my job to tease you," he pouted.

you smirked mischievously and pressed a gentle kiss to the corner of his lips, "well, after so much time, maybe the roles should be reversed. after all, you're going to have a lot to make up for at home. especially-"

"y-y/n!"