Struggles ❀ Scaramouche

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.♕︎.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝.

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.♕︎.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

[Modern AU]

[Modern AU]

I sat in bed, my thoughts colliding with my head in a painful manner. I didn't want to get up, but I had to. I had to go to school, and I repeatedly told myself that, but my legs still never moved an inch, and neither did my eyes as they stared at the ceiling. I counted to ten, planning to get up once I was done, but my body refused to move. I wasn't paralyzed, just unmotivated. I heard a sudden knock at my door.

"Who is it...?" I groaned tiredly.

"You're still in bed, aren't you?"

"Oh, it's you... Go away," I sighed, recognizing the voice immediately.

"I will break this door down."

"No you won't," I argued. "Leave me alone."

"I'll leave you alone when you stop being lazy and get the hell up," he hissed. "I'll drag you out of bed if I have to."

"I'm not going to school today," I declared. "I'm sick."

"Like hell you are," he scoffed.

"Not my fault if you get sick too," I rolled my eyes, praying for him to accept that I wasn't getting up.

The door burst open and Scaramouche walked through with an irritated look on his face. I flinched at the noise but remained calm. I was aware he wouldn't hesitate to kick the door open, so I don't know why I argued. He could've damaged it, not like he cared.

"Get up before I strangle you," he threatened, though it was empty. He wouldn't do that, not to me at least.

"I already told you, I'm sick," I repeated.

He exhaled and stood beside the bed, placing his hand on my forehead, probably checking my temperature. He just stared at me for a moment before rolling his eyes. He'd confirmed that I was lying, so that was the end of my time laying in bed. Events like that happened frequently, and every time, I'd give some shitty excuse to not get up that he'd easily debunk. I guess the fact that Scaramouche had to drag me out of bed so many times would be concerning. I was just shocked that he hadn't left already. He continued to deal with my bullshit even though he didn't have to, and that was strange, especially for him.

He threw the covers off the bed and grabbed my ankle, yanking me off my safe space and onto the blankets. I sighed and stood up, not saying another word before picking out my clothes and heading to the bathroom to get ready. At least our school didn't have uniforms, right?