After A Long Day ❀ Keqing

╭──────────.★..─╮

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨...

╰─..★.──────────╯

[Requested]

[Requested]

You heard the door to your home open and immediately perked up, looking forward to seeing your girlfriend. You paused what you were working on and left your room, ready to meet her in the living room. When you got there, Keqing was sitting on the couch with her head in her hands, seeming stressed.

"Hey, how was your day..." You asked cautiously.

"It was... Not good," she sighed.

"How can I help make it better?" You replied, sitting down beside her.

"I'll be fine," she stated. "Don't worry about it."

"Maybe you will, but I still wanna help make you feel better if I can," you responded, standing back up. "How about we go to bed? You look like you could use some rest."

"If I sleep now, I won't be able to sleep later," she protested.

"Then we can just cuddle!" You grinned.

"...Fine. I guess it wouldn't be so bad."

"Yes!" You cheered, grabbing her wrist and pulling her up, dragging her into your bedroom.

You hopped on the bed and Keqing hesitantly joined you, feeling a bit awkward since she still wasn't used to giving or receiving much affection. You pulled her closer to you and smiled as you noticed her blush. Eventually, she relaxed into your touch and you felt somewhat accomplished for some reason.

"So what happened at work? Do you wanna talk about it?" You offered.

"Let's just say people weren't doing their jobs correctly," she mumbled. "I'd rather not think about it."

"I guess things like that happen," You said. "But I'm sure tomorrow will be better. And if it's not, then you still get to come home to me and I'll make you feel better!"

"Thank you..." She blessed, looking away from you out of embarrassment. "You're very good at cheering people up..."

"Only you, really," You rectified. "But I'm always glad to make you happy."

"I hope I can do the same for you..." She admitted.

"You already do," You beamed. "Just seeing you is enough to wash all my worries down the drain!"

Keqing gazed at you and smiled, feeling much better than before. Every time she went to work, she just wanted the day to be over so she'd be able to return to you. She enjoyed your affection and attention. It made her feel loved in a way no one else had shown her before.

"Now just relax, okay? I'll hold you for as long as you want," You decided.

"You really are something else..." Keqing muttered.

"Yep, I know!"

She sighed and closed her eyes, solely focusing on your presence and feeling all her stress slowly fall away, down into the crusts of the earth where they'd never be found again. She began feeling drowsy, and you starting to hum a particularly peaceful tune she enjoyed wasn't helping. Originally, she didn't want to sleep, but she barely cared anymore. She always wanted to fall asleep, safe and secure in your arms.

"If I go to sleep... Will you be here when I wake up?" She whispered.

"Of course."

"Thank you..."

She dozed off and you couldn't help but admire her features as she slept. You felt like the luckiest person alive to have someone so great fall in love with you. She didn't even seem like the type to be in a relationship at all before you truly got to know her, but anyone can fall in love, right? Seeing Keqing sleeping made you quite tired, so you chose to join her. It was peaceful, and silent. Her warmth was all you needed to be soothed enough to slumber.