𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐠 ❀ 𝐀𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐨

╔═════ ∘◦⛧ミ◦∘ ══════╗

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬...

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ⛧ ◦∘ ═════╝

— gender neutral reader— fluff— modern au— posted for albedo's birthday (2022)! happy birthdayyy! (a bit rushed since i had to finish this in a day)— 1

gender neutral reader
fluff
modern au
posted for albedo's birthday (2022)! happy birthdayyy! (a bit rushed since i had to finish this in a day)
1.7k words

「 YOUR NAMETAG 

"i'll get that for you right away!"

"yes, please wait a moment—!"

"i'll be right there, sir!"

your first day at the cat's tail cafe was unbelievably hectic, moreso than you expected. customers were aplenty, which was great when it came to the money aspect, but for your energy? not so much. jeez, you were starting to regret applying just so you could pet the cats...

during the afternoon, the atmosphere was much more tranquil, which was relieving news to you. now that business was slower, you allowed yourself to observe the room and everyone in it; a great amount of them were likely students from the nearby university, since they were quietly completing their work as the small felines occasionally brushed up against their legs. a few other customers were older, looking to be in their sixties, and they were paying more attention to the cats than their food. you couldn't blame them.

"was that too much for ya?" diona snickered, to which you rolled your eyes.

"no, i am perfectly fine," you huffed. "i can handle more than you think."

"if you say so~!" she sang as she left to the breakroom. you were 90% certain that it wasn't time for her break, but you didn't comment since you hadn't memorized the schedules yet and didn't feel confident enough to call her out. still, you were slightly annoyed she left you alone at the counter.

all of a sudden, the bell at the door jingled serenely as another person entered and you raised your head to see. however, you were not prepared for the rushed beating of your heart from the moment your eyes laid upon his face, cerulean eyes scanning the decorations and layout of the large room. his hair reminded you of snow, with its platinum blond color and the way it drifted down above his shoulders.

as he approached the counter, your figure stiffened and your heart skipped about ten beats, but you maintained outward composure. unfortunately for you, as his eyes wandered to yours, he immediately noticed your fluster because of the blush creeping up on your cheeks, reaching your ears.

"hello—! how can i help you...?" you asked, silently praising yourself for not stuttering.

his gaze flitted over your expression and you instinctively tensed again, nervous from the way he was eyeing you. you could've sworn you caught a glimpse of a smirk on his lips, but he wiped it away so quickly that it almost seemed to be your imagination. it wasn't, though. you knew it was real.