Passing Papers ❀ Kazuha

┌───────🍁──────┐

𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭...

└───────🍁──────┘

[Modern AU!][Note that I'm not fully sure of Kazuha's personality, I tried to get what I could from his voice lines but this may be inaccurate to his character

[Modern AU!]
[Note that I'm not fully sure of Kazuha's personality, I tried to get what I could from his voice lines but this may be inaccurate to his character. Enjoy!]

'I don't get this class at all...'

Kazuha took the small piece of paper and scanned it, reading the writing. He glanced over at you before taking a small piece of paper from his own notebook and writing back, placing the paper on your desk beside him.

'Would you like me to tutor you?'

You read it, raising your eyebrows from surprise. You wouldn't have expected him to offer something like that, but it wouldn't actually be so bad. Well, except for the fact that you knew you'd never be able to get out a word. Any time you tried to talk to him, all the anxiety made your throat swell and close up. No words were allowed out of your mouth.

That was mainly because you had trouble talking to people in general since it made you nervous, but it was worse with Kazuha because you had a crush on him and you didn't want to say something weird to make him see you differently. That'd be a nightmare.

'That would be nice.'

Placing the paper on his desk, you bounced your leg up and down nervously, awaiting his response. You did want to spend more time with him, so you hoped he actually would tutor you. Also, you really didn't want to fail Literature.

'Then we can meet in the library after classes if you want?'

You read the little letter and looked over to Kazuha, who had his attention focused on you, his calm eyes looking through to your soul. You nodded giddily, excited for classes to end. Two hours and thirty six minutes left.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Hey," Kazuha greeted with a small smile.

You sent him a wave, trying to calm your nerves. You were unsuccessful.

"Should we get started then?" He asked, sitting down in the chair beside you.

You nodded and you both began going over the vocabulary for the unit you were working on. There were a few words you didn't understand before, but after hearing Kazuha explain the definitions more simply, you got it completely. The anxiety from the situation eventually washed away as you grew more distracted with your work. He gave you a copy of the study guide for your upcoming test and helped you through the first page, letting you attempt the other two on your own.

Kazuha thought to himself as you worked. He glanced over at you every once in a while, admiring how focused you were. He enjoyed spending time with you. He relished every second of your time. He didn't feel like he had any other friends, even though other people approached him. Their conversations were more artificial and fake. However, you actually talked to him. Well, sort of. Your main source of communication was writing notes, but it still counted. You conversated with him naturally, and you genuinely wanted to know more about him. That was more than anyone else could say.

You waved a hand in front of Kazuha's face, wondering if something was wrong. He quickly responded, looking over to you in search of an explanation. You slid your study guide in front of him on the table and he realized that you'd finished. He looked over your answers, making corrections where it was necessary. For the most part, you'd actually done pretty well.

"You seem to be doing fine in English," he stated, confused as he glanced over the last page once more. "Are you sure you need tutoring?"

You nodded vigorously, your face blooming red. You tried to speak, but you couldn't force the words out. They were trapped in your throat. You grabbed a piece of paper from your notebook and wrote down your response instead of trying to speak for the millionth time.

'It's just much easier to understand when you explain it.'

Kazuha nodded in understanding after reading it, still wondering why you wouldn't talk. He was curious. Did you hate your voice? Even if you didn't talk much, he'd still heard your voice before and it sounded lovely.

"Is there a particular reason why you don't talk?" He asked.

You panicked internally at the question, writing your answer on the same piece of paper as before. It was a bit embarrassing, but you didn't want to leave him without an answer so you let him know anyway.

'I get nervous and I can't get the words out.'

"Oh," Kazuha said. "You get nervous around me? Have I done something to intimidate you?"

You shook your head, the blush on your face growing deeper. You wondered whether it was time to tell him or not. It would probably be easier on paper, right? It had to be, surely. You decided to try, hiding your notebook from him so he couldn't see it while you were writing. Once you were finished, you took a deep breath and set it in front of him, the statement taking up most of the page it was written on. You turned away from him, not wanting to look at him while getting rejected.

'It's just because I love you.'

You chose to say 'love' because it would get the message across and you wouldn't have to further explain that you didn't like him as a friend, but more. You started doubting that decision, though. You weren't sure how relationships worked, so maybe people only said "I love you" when they were already together. You had no idea, but it was too late either way.

Kazuha's face burned red as he reread the sentence over and over again, having it replay in his head. He attempted staying calm, but it was difficult with the sudden wave of nervousness crashing onto him. What was he supposed to say? He felt the same, but how would he phrase it? He knew he was overthinking, but he couldn't stop.

To your surprise, he took your notebook and used his own pen to write down a response. Your anxieties felt like a growing balloon that was just about to burst. It was unbearable. You observed him and realized how red his face was. Finally, he took a deep breath and slid the notebook in front of you. You were hesitant to look down, but you did and there you saw his response, right under your writing.

'I love you too.'

You gasped quietly and looked over to see Kazuha staring directly into your eyes. You took a small break from breathing before remembering you needed air to survive.

"R... Really...?" You whispered.

"Yeah," he smiled warmly, causing your chest to ache in the most pleasant way possible.

You bit your lip to stop yourself from smiling too widely, thinking it'd make you seem like an idiot.

All of a sudden, Kazuha leaned closer to you, his face an inch away from yours, "If it isn't too much to ask, could you say those words out loud?"

"I... I-I love you..."

"...I love you too."