Second Option ❀ Kazuha

┌───────🍁──────┐

𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞...

└───────🍁──────┘

[MODERN AU]{Kazuha x Female Reader}(This was not edited bc I'm lazy so I hope it's good)

[MODERN AU]
{Kazuha x Female Reader}
(This was not edited bc I'm lazy so I hope it's good)

I sighed, staring out the window as rain splattered on the glass. I was at my friend's house, but she was too busy crying in her room and she kicked me out because she hated people seeing her cry. She invited me over specifically so I could help her with whatever happened but then she left me alone so she could be alone. All I could hear was the muffled yet loud music coming from her bedroom. I was standing beside the door, waiting for her to exit.

"Why force me to come here if you're just gonna cry in your room the entire time?" I mumbled impatiently.

She said that her crush rejected her, when she'd liked him for four years. He told her he liked someone else and walked away. I didn't learn much other than that since that was when she broke down and began balling her eyes out, but I didn't require any more information anyway.

The situation made me feel down as well, and the loud playing of my friend's breakup playlist wasn't helping. It didn't make sense, considering the fact that they were never together, but whatever. She was highly emotional.

We liked the same person, though she liked him longer than I did. She always dragged me along to hang out with her and Kazuha, so I eventually warmed up to him and we had a few moments. We were all close friends, but I guessed it wouldn't be the same after Ayaka's confession.
(I'm sorry Ayaka ilysm but I couldn't think of anyone else)

I was in an awkward position, and I was afraid of what school would be like the next morning, but I tried not to think the worst. Ayaka was making it more difficult, however, because I could even hear her talking to herself. I couldn't make out most of the words, but she said some things along the line of "he's never going to talk to me again".

I doubt that.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Archons please have mercy and help me get through today...

It was bugging me ever since I found out. Who did Kazuha like? As awful as it was as Ayaka's best friend, I had a small hope that it was me. I wouldn't say anything about it, though. I'd embarrass myself if I did.

I walked with Ayaka to school, her eyes thankfully not staying as puffy as they were before because she was crying all morning. I never expected her to get so emotional over a guy, but I couldn't blame her after four years of liking him. I began to wonder whether Kazuha would actually show up or not.

When arriving to my first class with Ayaka, Kazuha was sitting where he always was. He seemed different. He was staring off into space while looking out the window, which was normal, but he had this sad look in his eyes that made my mood drop immensely, though it was already not in a high place.

"Can we switch seats for today? Please?" Ayaka pleaded.

"Sure," I sighed.

Normally I'd sit behind Kazuha, and Ayaka would sit beside him. She always told me how lucky she felt to be seated next to him, but I presumed she wasn't feeling as lucky that day. I wasn't feeling lucky, either.

"Hey," I greeted awkwardly, trying to seem casual but failing miserably.

"Hello," he said, finally looking over at me and smiling.

His smile is always so pretty...

I let my bag hang from the back of the chair and sat down, glancing behind at Ayaka, who had her head resting on my desk. Kazuha seemed to be ignoring her, probably feeling hesitant because of the previous day. I wanted to say something, but I swallowed my words and classes began as they normally would.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Lunch was the worst, because neither of them knew where to sit or what to do. I told Ayaka she could sit with me, but she was hesitant because Kazuha sat next to me first. She ended up walking away and I sighed, holding my head in my hand.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"I can leave if-"

"No, no! It's fine. Just... I'm worried about her," I said.

"Do you know what happened?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"I'm glad I don't have to explain it to you. I need to tell you something related to that later."

"Why later? You can just tell me now."

"Now's not the right time," he stated.

"Okay..."

We ate in silence and the bell rang again, signaling the end of our break and the remaining day of torture left ahead.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Kazuha asked to meet in the garden after classes, so I headed there. I prayed in my mind that he'd say what I thought he would, but I didn't want to get my hopes up so I tried not to get my expectations too high.

"Y/n, hey," Kazuha said.

"Hey, what did you need to tell me?" I questioned, standing in front of him with my hands in my pockets.

"What exactly did Ayaka tell you?" He asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"She said she confessed and you rejected her, saying you like someone else..."

He took a step closer, "Well, it seems she left out one crucial detail in her explanation."

"A-And what's that?" I stammered, fighting the urge to step back.

My face heated up as he moved closer, until we were inches apart, and he lifted my chin up with his thumb, "The person I like is you, Y/n."

"Wait, really?" I blinked, staring into his eyes. "You... Like me?"

"Yes," he whispered, his breath fanning my lips. "May I...?"

What about Ayaka...?

...We're just two girls who like the same boy. A boy who likes me back, and I'm not giving up my chance. I just want to be a girl for once.

"...Yeah."

His lips pressed against mine and I suddenly didn't care about anything else. My heart was pounding against my chest, begging to breathe as it suffocated in Kazuha's warmth. I still found it to be a miracle that someone like him loved me. I was sick of always being the second option. The plan B. I thought I was always just a side character. The shadow to Ayaka's Main Character. But not to Kazuha.

To Kaedehara Kazuha, I was always his only pick.