CHAPTER 16

Above is a pic of Bella White (Avery's mom), just imagine her with brown hair.^^^

AVERY'S POV:

Just as the clock strike two there goes a doorbell, he is here, as always punctual. Not that I am not ready, I have been waiting since last 20 minutes.

Can you blame me it is the first time I am going to hang out with someone, not to mention a certain someone.

Running towards the door I take a deep breath and rub my sweaty hands on my jeans before opening it. I am so very nervous, and excited about what is there in store for me for our first 'friendly' outing.

Just as the door opens I am greeted by a widely grinning Roman, and a box being shoved in my face, more specifically my favorite chocolate box. How did he knew? A wild guess maybe. Whatever, what matters is, that he brought me a gift.

"Hey Avery! This is for you. Ready to go?" He asked in a very excited voice, offering me the box. Means it isn't only me excited, good.

"Hey Roman, thank you for this, these are my favorite. Come inside." I said taking the box from his hands and inviting him in. Just as he enters, mom comes out from her office, which she has in our house.

The second mom's eyes falls on Roman they lit up as she comes bouncing towards us. Oh did I forgot to mention, my mother gets super excited seeing a guest? Well you see for yourself.

"Hey Avery, is this your boyfriend? He is handsome. How come you didn't tell me before? I am wounded, my, my, hiding things from poor me, all grown up I see. Very sad you know. Let me introduce myself, I am Bella White, nice to meet you young man. Who might you be?" See super excited. And she didn't even waited for me to say anything before she assumed my 'boss' as my 'boyfriend', this is embarrassing, I can't even look towards him right now. How is he going to react?

"I am Roman Knight, and must I say you have got a beautiful sister Avery, never told me about her." Wait what? Sister? Why didn't he tell mom he is my boss? Is he trying to flatter her? Charming much? Because it is sure as hell working on my mom, she is blushing right now, the great, strict Bella White is blushing. Wow, just wow...

"Oh dear! I am flattered but you see I am her mother not sister. By the way what do you do, dear? How did you met my daughter here?" My mother replied giggling, oh my God...giggling and blushing? How wonderful!!

"Well Miss White you definitely look younger to your age. And I am the CEO of Knight Industries, and Avery, here is my personal assistant. So, we met in the office at work." He replied, still not giving up on flattering my mother. Great...

"Oh! I know Knight Industries! I remember doing few fashion shows at some of your hotels. You have got some nice places must I say." Yeah I also remember mom talking about her shows in some grand hotels, they were a huge success.

"Thank you Ms. White, it was a pleasure meeting you. If you don't mind I was here to take Avery out." He said to mom.

"Sure dear, I won't hold you back any longer. And it was nice to meet you too, you must come for dinner someday. I would like to know the guy my Ave is dating better. You should not make a delay for your date." Mom said. Okay this needs to stop we are not going on a date and we are surely not dating.

"Okay mom, but we are not dating and this is not a date. Where do you get such ideas from? We are just going to hang out. So, see you later." I said before she embarrass me any further, I wouldn't be able to meet Roman's eyes if she doesn't stop right know.

"Okay my dear Ave, you are not dating, yet. Enjoy your day! Mama loves you!" she said stressing on 'yet' and adding a wink at last she escaped from there quickly.

Shaking my head I awkwardly turned towards Roman to find him already looking at me and smiling, "Sorry for that, mom just gets excited sometimes." I said in order to clean the awkwardness.

To this he just grinned wider and said, "No worries, your mother is a lovely lady, it was nice to meet her and you see I don't mind dating a beautiful girl like you, your mom will be so happy." I chose to brush of his words as it is just him being funny. Instead I just asked if we should leave, to which he nodded and started walking after taking my hand with me, or should I say with him dragging me behind as his walking is no less than my jogging.

Let's see what my first hanging out with a friend is like...

Hey guys!! It's been a while since I last updated. Do forgive me! College do eats up all the time, most of you can relate...

Anyways, this chapter provides a brief introduction of Avery's mother, hope you like her. She is a lovely and bubbly woman, we will see more into her as the story continues.

Please vote and comment. I really love reading your views and thoughts about story, it helps me decide what to write in the story further so that you guys will like it.

Will be back soon with further updates. Till then 'Stay safe, Stay happy' Xx...

Love you people :))