CHAPTER 22

AVERY'S POV:

I was sleeping when I felt someone holding my hand, I wanted to open my eyes and see who it was but it felt as if someone have put stones on my eyelids which was making it hard to open them. After a bit of trying I finally was able to open them only to close again, it was so bright. What is happening? This never happens when I wake up daily, was I sleeping for too long.

Finally waking up I realized that the one holding my hand was none other than Roman himself, and I was resting on the couch in his office with him sitting on the floor in what looked like an uncomfortable position. What happened?

Then it started to come back to me about how I had come to him for confessing my feeling and then I had fainted after crying. It was embarrassing, I should just leave before he wakes up and asks me to leave him alone. Just as I tried to pull my hand back from his he shifted and tightened his hold on me. Now I can't even leave, so I decided to get over with it fast and gently shook him awake, which took a lot of time I must say.

"You are up! When did you wake up? Do you need something? Are you in pain?", He started questioning me just as he woke up while holding me like I was some china doll which would break if held any less carefully. He still cared.

Before he could say any further I got up and hugged him. This must have taken him by surprise as he stilled in my embrace and then after a moment hugged me back tighter. I didn't know when had I started crying again but he was trying to compose me. Why am I always crying? I didn't even knew what was the reason of me crying right now? Perhaps it was the relief of knowing he didn't hate me.

"Hey, what happened? Don't cry, okay! Tell me what is wrong." He asked gently and slowly. Maybe this was all I needed to hear, because next thing I knew I was babbling like a fool.

"I am sorry! I am so sorry, Roman. I didn't mean to upset you that day, I was just so nervous to speak anything. Please don't hate me! I really like you." There I said it. "If you will say I will leave, but don't hate me, okay, it hurts!" by the time I finished I was clinging to him like a koala, but it didn't matter, maybe it was the last time I get to see him. So I just held him and cried my heart out.

Several minutes passed but he didn't respond, this was my cue. I slowly pulled myself back and stood up, my legs wobbled from being inactive for so long, he still didn't acted up. Now I know what he must have felt.

Composing myself I stood up straight and turned towards him saying sorry for one last time before I leave. It felt as if I was being crushed under a heavy rock. But I think this is what I deserved for hurting him the same.

Just as I moved away I was pulled back and next thing I know I was being kissed. It wasn't like the one before, it was aggressive and dominant, unlike the first time which was gentle and soft. It felt as if he was trying to convey what he felt through it, and well my dumb self again didn't knew how to respond, so I went with trying to copy him instead.

Kissing Roman felt magical, it was as if the world disappeared and it was just him that mattered. Soon the need of oxygen arrived due to which I pulled back a little, and he got the hint pulling back and resting his head on my shoulder near my neck, kissing it lightly. I was still too flustered to respond so I just concentrated on breathing and hopping my face do not look that weird red-purplish shade it always change to.

"Now where were you trying to go just after dropping the bomb on me like that? Huh? And me hating you? Never gonna happen. You hear me, never." He muttered beside my ear, his head still resting near my neck.

"You didn't respond to what I said so I thought you didn't want me here, and I didn't want you to get any more upset so I was leaving. Sorry." I whispered now ashamed of trying to go without even listening to what he had to say.

"Don't say sorry. And now repeat what I want to hear." He said playfully finally pulling back, his eyes twinkling with mischief and happiness. I knew what he wanted me to say, I may be a bit slow sometimes but I am no stupid.

Gathering my courage I looked into his eyes and said what he wanted to hear, "I like you, Roman Knight." Okay it came out more like a squeal but whatever, there I said it.

"And I lo-like you a lot too, Avery White." He said in all sincerity and honesty, with the dazzling smile of him, which instantly put a large clown-like smile on my face too.

It was cut short by Roman who suddenly put me on the couch again and stood before me like an angry parent, as if he just remembered something and said, "Now about what happened before. How long have it been since you last ate something or had a proper rest?" this caught me off-guard. I seriously don't remember eating anything after the lunch we had together, and on cue my stomach growled like an angry wolf. God why do you always do this to me? You just have to embarrass me in front of him, right?  

A/N:

Hello guys! I am so sorry for it took me so long to update, I hope you are enjoying the story...

Okay! So finally our couple is happy and there's lots of drama and romance coming up...stay tuned :)

Till then please vote, comment and share...if you want.

Love you people ❤❤