CHAPTER 17

Above is a pic of Lily^^^

ROMAN'S POV:

Weekends feel long now that I do not get to see my beautiful Avery, so I did picked up my phone and invited Avery for a date, although she being the naïve creature couldn't understood that I was asking her for a date, and thought I was calling her to walk my dog, which I don't have. But seriously, dog? Which PA walks her boss's dog?

Finally convincing her that it was 'a hang out as friends' she agreed. So here I was before time to pick her up before time waiting in the drive way, because I was too much excited. Her house is a beautiful looking two story, with a small wooden, green door surrounded with lots of flower bushes.

Though it was a hanging out for her, to me we were going on a date, so I picked some chocolates that I always see in her cabin, she isn't very good at hiding.

Just as I rung the bell at two with a wide grin on my face, it was opened by Avery, dressed in a cute Mickey Mouse shirt with dark blue skinny jeans. Just as the door opened I presented her favorite chocolates to her face, to which I was rewarded with a very happy and excited smile of hers.

Inside of her house was very much different than mine. It was warm and homey here, much like home. My house was dull and cold, with shades of grey, just a house. Before any of us could say anything, a lady entered the room.

Just by looking at her I could tell she was Avery's mother, they had similar features other than her eyes. Although I knew who she was, (because she often organize her fashion shows in my hotels, they are big events) the famous designer 'Bella White', I tried flattering her by saying she was looking like Avery's older sister, which wasn't exactly false, she was a beautiful lady. But I needed to come in her good books, because it isn't every day you that you meet the mother of the girl you like, and I like to think I succeeded in my flattery.

I was relieved to know that she wasn't against me dating her daughter. Before she could proceed any further it was cut short by Avery, who later apologized for her mother's behavior, which I dusted it off, because I wasn't one bit upset with her mom rather happy.

With this we went on further towards our date, where I had prepared some things for us before coming here. First was the lunch at wherever she wanted.

"So, I hope you aren't done with your lunch yet, because I haven't. So what do you say?" I asked climbing in the driver's seat after helping her in the passenger seat beside me. It felt good to have her in my car, and that cute gesture of hers when I helped her in the car, a small thank you and an adorable blush.

"Well no, I haven't. I was having a lazy day today." She said, to which I sighed in relief, or it would have been awkward with her saying otherwise. "Where would you like to go? We can go anywhere you want." I asked further.

"Okay, if you don't mind there is this small diner named 'Lily's' I used to go to with my mom when I was younger, and food there is to die for. We could go there?" She told me excitedly, while saying the last thing as more of a question. I knew she was different, because the few girls who tried to date in my past all used to whine on and on about wanting to go to an expensive restaurant.

"Of Course. So 'Lily's' it is." With that I let her give the directions, which she did will practically bouncing in happiness. This is what I wanted.

As we arrived there, I saw that the diner was mostly empty as we were a little late for lunch. But just as we entered we were greeted by a very happy looking old woman who smiled at us and escorted us towards the seat in the corner near the window, perfect.

"Hey, child do I know you? You look very familiar, but my old brain can't remember." She asked looking at Avery, to which she smiled very large and replied "Of course you know me Granny Lily." and waited.

The woman thought for a while and then suddenly took Avery in a tight hug. "Yes, oh yes. How could I forget? Bella's daughter. My little Avy all grown up now. You don't visit nowadays. What is it been? 5 or 6 years? Forgotten old Granny I see." She rambled while still holding her. Avery is sure loved by a lot of people.

Soon she detached herself and looked at me, her eyes widened and then she came to hug me just like before. "You must be my little Avy's boyfriend. What is your name my child? You also call me Granny Lily, son." She asked me after removing herself from me. One more person calling me the boyfriend. Ah a lucky day it is.

"I am Roman Knight." I replied, again not clarifying the boyfriend part. The more people think so the better.

Hey guys!!

Sorry for the late update. I was busy with tests and all, so no updates.

I hope you are loving the story, it may look a little boring right now but I promise I have lots of drama ahead, just be patient.

The song above 'I was made for loving you' is more suitable for Roman here but well whatever, you get the emotions. It is just a date song and somewhat matches the situation here, and I was just listening to it before writing so I decided to add it here.

Next update will be soon...

Lots of love...

Bye bye people.❤😊