CHAPTER 19

AVERY'S POV:

The location to which Roman took me was magnificent and absolutely wonderful. What took me by surprise was the hot balloon ride under the sunset. I never knew we had such a beautiful, peaceful place near our city which is on the other hand so busy and loud.

To top it all I experienced something which I used to read about in stories, and dream about. It was so magical and mind blowing that I couldn't even care to remember if what if it was right or wrong. My brain stopped functioning and I couldn't even think of my own name when it happened.

Well, what do you expect from me, a girl who never held hands with a boy/man before was kissed by one? All in all it has been a day since, and I still can't bring myself to forget about it.

The ride back home was very quiet, in fact so quiet that it was uncomfortable. After the kiss he confessed that he liked me and me being the fool said nothing and made him feel rejected. He didn't say a word after that, he waited for me to say something, anything, but my dumb self couldn't even get out of the shock and reply. Wasn't this that I wanted, but no I had to remain silent when I was needed to say something? The look of disappointment was clear as a day on his face when I didn't respond and that was heart-breaking.

I don't even know how hurt he must be feeling because of me. How will I go tomorrow and face him at the company? But I can't ignore him like that, that will make the situation worst. I will have to go and tell him that I also feel the same. So it's decided, god just don't let me chicken out at the last moment.

~~ Monday~~

This is it. I just need to go into his office and say who I feel to him, no biggie. *sigh*

Reaching to his office I knocked on it first and waited for a reply, soon I heard come in and I went in and gasped.

Inside I wasn't met with the regular scene of an organized room and him working as usual. No, the place looked different, very different. Files were lying on the floor as if someone threw them everywhere, the desk which used to look neat and clean was covered with empty bottles of liquor and broken pieces of glass, even he was sitting on the floor leaning on the table looking outside the huge window sideways, not once did he looked up to see who it was.

To say the truth, this terrified me. Did something happened or I was the cause of this? Looking at this the guilt of my action came back full force and I couldn't stop the sob that racked through my body. I couldn't see this, I was the cause of it, and this was me who caused him to be like this. I didn't even had the right to cry when the fault was mine, but it didn't matter because my brain forgot everything other than the fact that the reason of the disastrous state he looked in was me. My legs soon gave up and I fall on my knees.

I don't deserve him. What did I thought that I would just walk in and say how I feel and it would be all good then. But it didn't work like that, I was naïve to even think that it was possible. The reality was he couldn't even look at me, and nothing hurt more than that. My heart felt hurt physically.

I feel sorry I couldn't do what was expected from me. With this last thought my vision went black.