CHAPTER 21

ROMAN'S POV:

My brain can't process what is happening, how did it all go downhill so soon? Just a day before I was on cloud nine, and nothing could have brought me down. Now look at me trashing my office and drinking around, everything around me is a mess including me.

I cannot do with the thought that someone is after the two things I cherish in my life, never in my life I complained when I had nothing. I build up my life as it is today by working very hard, now that I have everything, someone else wants it all, the person is not just after money and company but one thing or should I say person I desire the most.

I don't even know if Avery still want to do anything with me or not, I mean it was clear from our last encounter that she want nothing to do with me, it hurts to know but I can't do anything about it. All I can do is try to convince her that what I feel for her is real. But the bigger problem now is that someone has their dirty eyes on what is mine, and that is not okay with me. Avery has nothing to do with it, if someone is targeting her it is my fault, god what do I do?

Just as I was sitting and thinking about it in my now trashed office, I heard the door open and someone walk in, but I didn't look up to see who it was, as I don't care right now.

After a long silence I heard a sob, of a woman, what? Why would a woman cry here? Before I could understand something, a thud was heard, as if something or someone fall down. When I looked towards it my breath was caught. There was the one person I cared about the most lying on the ground motionless.

Without thinking twice I ran towards her and picked her up carrying her towards the couch in my office while calling her name. Even after calling she didn't respond, and now I am panicking. What happened that caused her to collapse?

After a few more attempts of waking her up when she didn't respond I called my personal doctor to come immediately. While the doctor came I ordered someone to clean up the mess that was earlier made by me.

Soon the doctor arrived and checked up on her. "What happened doctor?" I asked still a bit panicked.

"It's nothing serious, the patient is under a lot of stress, and also low on nutrients, I think she didn't take her meals properly. There's nothing to worry just make her eat when she wakes up and try to keep her stress free. She will wake up in few hours." The doctor explained and started picking his stuff leaving me to think what was bothering her so much. Was it me or was it something else?

After thanking the doctor and escorting him out I returned and sat beside my sleeping beauty. She looks adorable and beautiful even while sleeping, her soft cheeks looked puffed and pink her long, dark lashes falling upon them, her soft, red lips pouting, face void of any makeup, as if she needed any. Without knowing I creased her soft skin with my rough hands, removing any traces of tears visible.

When I look at her I wonder how she just suddenly appeared in my life and she didn't even try to get to me like many girls I came across did. I think it was one of the things that had me hooked towards her, her innocence and purity had me putty in her hands. Her being undeniably beautiful was also a bonus.

Sitting beside her and creasing her silky hairs I can feel the happiness and content like never before, this feeling of happiness and satisfaction is new to me, my childhood is a phase of my life I never talk about mainly because it isn't something I can think about and feel joy, but it is a constant reminder of how shitty can life be. My Avery brings me joy and content that I have longed for all my life, and I would be damned if I let her go.

Avery is mine and no one can take her away from me, if someone think otherwise they do not know what is coming for them. Let them try and see if they can even touch my angel. Hell will break loose even before someone take a glance in the direction of harming her.

The one to warn me doesn't know who I am or what I am capable of, not to forget a boy from streets didn't just climb a ladder to become the richest man of country after all.