CHAPTER 11

AVERY'S POV:

I can't believe it, my boss asking me to call him by his first name and mostly the touchy-touchy part. Whenever Mr. Knight I mean... Roman (cue blush) holds me like that I always feel those weird butterflies in my stomach and electric-like tingles on my skin that he touch.

The whole week since we apologized to each other it had been like this, him holding me any chance he get not that I am complaining and sweet talking is making me feel things, things that I have never felt before, although I can describe it as good.

Deep in my thoughts I bumped into a wall causing me to fall backwards. Wait a minute since when is there a wall in front of Roman's office. When I looked up I was correct, the so called wall was actually a man or should I say a tall man who was looking at me with curiosity and a hint of amusement ready to laugh at me. Rude!

"I am sorry sir, I wasn't looking where I was going." I apologized him and tried to pass him, well key word being tried because he blocked my path by moving in my front again.

"Not so fast Little Miss, and yeah I am sorry too. Well I didn't quiet catch your name. I am Ryan William by the way." Said the wall, I mean man, more specifically Ryan William. And how rude of me, I didn't even tell him my name after bumping into him.

"My name is Avery White and I am Mr. Knight's PA. Nice to meet you sir." I said politely and even introduced myself as he must be some client or some partner of boss. As the man was wearing an expensive suit and he did looked like a man of importance.

Just as we were interacting a throat was cleared and so both of us looked towards the source aka Roman, who for some reason looked raged, his eyes were squinted, jaw clenched. He truly looked scary, but why?

Just as I glanced at the watch and thus understood the reason, of course, I was late. Though I had a solid reason for being late, still he was unaware of it. Thus I did the only logical thing I could think of and said sorry.

"Ryan what are you still doing here, I thought you were gone 15 minutes ago?" Roman said to Ryan without even acknowledging my apology nor even giving me a single glance, okay that hurts. I don't know why but whenever he does this ignoring thing I feel hurt and betrayed, I know you must be saying I am being dramatic but it is what it is, I can feel a dull ache in my chest and my eyes waters. So to avoid embarrassing myself I took my leave towards my cabin. It isn't as if he still wants to see my face. I may be naïve but I do know when someone doesn't need your presence.

Arriving to my cabin I silently closed the door and started my work for the day.

Few hours later there was a knock on my door, no one normally come to my cabin other than Roman but he doesn't knock, he just barges in, so who might be it. Nonetheless I said a small come in to which someone entered who was yet to be noticed as I was writing a very important mail at the moment.

After a short silence when no one said anything I looked up to see the one person I am avoiding since morning aka Roman Knight. Why you ask me? I am embarrassed.

Although I want nothing more than to run from him and hide I can't do so, I need to act mature and face reality. It is odd for him to knock, as he never does so and also being mysteriously quiet. There is definitely something wrong.

"Good Afternoon sir, you wanted something?" I greeted and asked while standing and looking anywhere but towards him. No matter how much I want to ignore the fact that what he did in the morning hurt me and act nonchalant I can't. Just looking at him reminds me of it and the ache in my chest returns. Is there a problem in my body? Am I sick? What is happening, I think I need to visit a doctor soon.

After standing still for another minute he finally speaks.

"Afternoon Miss White, and I was not here to ask for something I just saw there was someone in the cabin so came to check." He said making me confused. I am always in my cabin, where else I would be. And also why is he suddenly referring to me as Miss White, though that's me but he calls me Avery, why the sudden change.

My face must have shown my confusion because he further spoke, "It is close to end of lunch time have you already returned or did you skip it?" he said in somewhat scolding manner. Realization came drawn to me, that I have skipped lunch and didn't even notice it.

Again before I could answer he just shake his head and said, "I know you didn't, let's go even I haven't had it yet." More like commanded. Okay then.....  

Hey guys!! I know it has been a long time since last update, so sorry and I was seriously very busy with studies and assignments that I didn't got any time. 

Again guys do comment and vote I like to read your comments and the votes make my day. 

Love you people... stay safe and happy!!!