CHAPTER 26

ROMAN'S POV:

After the whole revelation, I was back to working on what to do with the situation with shares. This was not only affecting us but also William Corporation, our partners.

Considering the problem, it would be best if we were to involve Ryan in this as it was a collaboration. Though one thing was clear now, this Peter is not getting out of easily, it was one thing to attack my business but completely out of line when he dared to threaten me with Avery.

After a few days...(sorry for the time skip)

It's been a few days since I told Avery about my past. I was ready for her to react differently towards me now but again my angel decided to surprise me by not acting any different the only change was she is now more open and caring than before, which is always appreciated.

As for the situation yesterday a meeting was organized between me, Ryan, and Chris as he is also very knowledgeable in this field and he is like my mentor. It was decided in the meeting that we will organize a board meeting to which he will be invited, there we will try negotiating with him but I have a feeling it is not going to be pretty. I know he will refuse to negotiate with us because it isn't just about money, it is more about personal revenge.

Not only this I also noticed that Chris was trying to talk to Avery about his wife as he had mentioned earlier. I don't know what they talked about or what Avery told him and honestly, I don't even want to interfere because if either of them wanted my help they would approach me themselves. Although judging by Chris's reaction towards Avery it is clear that she had told him something that has given him hope, he was quite happy.

Now I and Avery are busy preparing for the upcoming board meeting. My beautiful angel is so busy working hard to collect as much information about Donovan Associates as possible. The information she hacked earlier was beneficial to us, it gave us all his movements and all the places he visits.

During this research, we came across the info that he is continuously being seen near Kane Industries, which can mean that he is either trying to get help from Robert or he is planning something against Kane also. The latter is very unlikely because why will he go after two of the most influential people in NY at the same time, not to brag or something but for any sane person it would be like a suicide mission, so the possibilities of the first scenario are high. And if it is truly coming days are gonna be hard for us.

AVERY'S POV:

These days Roman and I are working very hard in solving this mess. I can see that he is very stressed about the situation. After he told me about his past, I feel closer to him than before. It is as if a part that was holding us back was removed and now both of us can express our affection much more openly toward each other.

About Donovan's condition, well that is a whole other issue. It seems as if Peter is trying to gain help from Robert Kane. If he succeeds in this, our problems will become more intense. Our only chance right now is if we can somehow convenience him that Roman was innocent in whatever happened and he stop what he intends to do.

A/N:

I am so sorry guys!! My Wattpad account was having some issues due to which I wasn't being able to post updates. But now the issue is solved and I can finally post chapters again. 

The story is in its last phase just a few more chapters left. Stay healthy, and Stay tuned!!