CHAPTER 23

ROMAN'S POV:

There she said it, what I have been longing to hear for so long. I was on cloud nine and nothing could bring me down. After I made her sit again I called the receptionist to get us food. Now that I realize even I am hungry as hell. Soon the lunch arrived and we ate in silence, until it was broken by my angel asking the question I am now dreading the most. "Roman, what happened when I came earlier?" she asked innocently. The simple question was hard to answer because if I told her that it was because I felt rejected then she will think it's her fault but if I told her the other one she might get frightened which also was not an option, thus I thought of going the middle way.

"I was just work and I was exhausted so it came out as anger. I am sorry, I frightened you." I mean I didn't lie, it was related to work and I was exhausted, somewhat. "Oh! I didn't come to work you must had to do all of it alone. I'm sorry, but you can ask me about anything, I remember everything where I left off." She said apologetically. God this girl always finds a way to blame herself for the things she isn't responsible for. But now that I think of it this a good idea, I can just ask her of all the reports instead of checking them myself.

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault. But do you have any idea about who recently bought a large number of our shares. You know the ones with the William's." I asked.

She thought for a while then said something which shocked me to the core.

"Yeah, I know. I was going to tell you but I didn't get the time. It is some small company named 'Donovan Associates'. When I checked the records, this company do not really have much information about it. Just that it was closed for some years and have recently started once again."

I know just one Donovan who could be this. And if my assumptions are right this is going to be harder than I thought. After all it won't be just about money but personal agenda too. And that is never good.

I didn't knew I was in such deep thoughts till Avery repeated my name.

"Can you find all the information about this company, even the one which is not known to the public?" I asked her, wanting as much information about this person as I can get.

"I can do the work but it will take a while, you know. Because I will have to check all the old records and also some other stuff." She said trailing the last words, which got me curious. What does she mean by other stuff?

"What do you mean by other stuff, Angel? What do you have up your sleeves now?" I asked amusement clear in my voice.

"Well you see I will have to do some not so legal thing. I mean I may or may not have to look into his personal life unauthorized." She explained with a sly smile on her face, which I had never seen before. It clearly shouted whatever that is going on in her brain is trouble.

Two days later...

I was happy with the progress me and my angel had done in past days, the moment that day in my office had helped us open up to each other a lot.

But the problem was Avery was back to work, and that meant her being busy all the time. I know it sounds weird with me saying this, but what can I do, I also need some attention.

Not to mention the research I told her to do, she was totally into it. Always on her laptop typing like a pro with full on concentration. Watching her work has become my new entertainment.

Her excitement when she finds something interesting or her annoyed pout when she didn't like something. These expressions of her have done nothing to stop my brain from running wild.

I was up from my day-dream when the door of my office banged open, usually I would have been annoyed with someone entering like this but not this person. There stood my beautiful Avery saying something looking all cute. Wait what? Saying something?

Before I could react she was in front of me waving her hand in front of my face wildly. But the next thing she said I was full on alert.

"I got the report." She exclaimed.