CHAPTER 20

Hey guys! I am so sorry for this long delay. I was really busy with all the exams and all. 

The main plot of the story is starting from this chapter, I would suggest you to read the next few chapters to enhance your reading experience.

Okay enough talking.... here you go:

ROMAN'S POV:

The thing I was worried about happened and I couldn't do anything. I was foolish to think that she felt the same as me. The kiss that meant so much to me might not mean anything to her more than a mistake. The thought broke my heart, because I was once again rejected in my life by someone I thought would like me.

First it was my parents who gave up on me the moment I was born. The two people who were meant to love me left me at the doorsteps of an orphanage in a basket. Now the girl I developed feelings for didn't want anything to do with me.

The thoughts weren't stopping and making me feel the same helplessness I used to feel at one point of my life, and I hated the feeling. To block out them I needed a distraction and what better than drowning myself in my work like usual.

I went up to my office and worked for who knows how long because the next thing I know sun was starting to peak out of horizon. This sunrise looked too much like the sunset yesterday. Today was a Sunday means no one was going to be there in the building other than me.

Just when I was about to get up my phone ringed. Who must be calling so early?

To my surprise it was Chris calling. Chris never calls so early in the morning, what could be the reason?

Picking up the phone I spoke "Hey Chris!..", but before I could say any further he spoke, "Roman, I want tell you something, can we meet, it's urgent!". The urgency was clear in his voice although he was trying hard to cover it up. Chris never sounds so worried and urgent, so I decided to meet him today and help him instead of drowning in self sorrow.

"Sure, you can come to the company, it is close today but I am present in the office." I said to immediately responded saying he would arrive in half an hour.

By the time he arrived I was already ready looking presentable and also cleared up the office a bit.

The tension and worry was clearly visible on his face, the prominent dark bags under his eyes told clearly that whatever he was worried about had taken their toll on him.

Offering him a seat and water I got straight to the point asking what it was.

"The prices of a large number of your stocks with William's are falling rapidly. An anonymous person is buying all these stocks at a very low price, if this keeps going you are going to be in a very great loss. Look into it fast because a very huge part of your company is merged with William's." he explained.

"Earlier I thought that it was just regular fall and rise but this is something big and you need to find it out soon. This is not good." He added further.

This really was a big deal, because I earned a lot of money from this merger, me and Ryan had established it during the start of our companies and if someone else was buying this shares, we can lose hundreds of millions.

God can't I take a break! Chris must have seen the look of annoyance on my face as he said, "See I am sure, you will work it out, just act fast. I will tell you if I get to know anything more. And I wanted to ask one more thing, if you don't mind." a little hesitant.

"Yeah sure, I will look into this right away. Thank you for telling me. And you know you can ask me anything, you don't need to ask." I said gaining my cool once again.

"Can you tell me a little about that new PA of yours, I just feel as if she looks similar to someone I have known?" he asked hopefully. This is strange. He wants to know about Avery?

"Yeah I can tell you a bit about her. Her name is Avery White, 22 years old, she is the daughter of the famous fashion designer Bella White. You must know her." I told him, still feeling a bit reluctant.

"If you don't mind, whom does she look like?" I inquired further.

"I haven't heard of this Bella White before. But to answer your question, she looks a lot like my ex-wife Eleanora, I mean it can be a coincidence but I just want to know if she is anyhow related to her, maybe I can finally find out something about my Ella." He said looking deep in thoughts, a dreamy look on his face remembering his ex-wife.

After he left some time later, I got an unknown text saying 'Look around yourself, all you see will be mine soon, even the naïve, beautiful girl. You were not meant to have all this, the place you are in belong to me. Just wait and watch!! Tic-tok, tic-tok."