CHAPTER 24

AVERY'S POV:

To say I was happy would be an understatement, the last few days have been amazing. Although, these days have been extremely busy with me trying to find information on this Donovan person. I had to recall the skills that I had once learned during the days of my high school when I used to be so bored home alone, that I had started learning basic hacking and stuff. Never thought it would ever come to use in my entire life, but then again many things are happening now that I never thought of.

It's been two days since Roman asked me to do this research and I am now near to completing the report. Just left to find his location.

After some hours of more struggle, I was able to find his location, thus completing the report. I got so excited that I just picked it up and barged into Roman's office rambling about how the work was done. When I didn't get any reaction from him I waved my hand in front of him which gained his attention till he registered the words I was saying.

I was soon rewarded with a wide grin and lots of appreciation from him about how I always manage to get all the work done according to his liking.

Soon we discussed all the details in the file about the said person, Peter Donovan. Apparently, he is the younger brother of the previous owner Tanya Donovan, who died mysteriously a few years ago and since then the company is closed, but now the younger brother is of age and he has restarted the closed business.

To start this once again he had shown interest in buying the shares from our company which is worth millions. This money can bring him to the business very quickly, but it will cause a dent in our profits, which we can't have.

After describing the major things to Roman I looked up only to meet with a very angry scowl of his. I know he wasn't angry at me but this situation and the person who was causing all the problems.

ROMAN'S POV:

I was livid to hear the name of one person whom I loathe the most, Tanya Donovan, she was the reason I disliked the woman until Avery stepped into my life. The report says she died mysteriously, but I know the truth and now I also know the reason for this person buying the shares. Revenge.

Avery must have sensed the change in mood as she asked the question I was dreading the most. "Roman, do you know anything about this person? I mean you must have known the late Donovan as you did business with her." She inquired innocently.

There was no use lying to her, even if I told her lies I know she will figure it out sooner or later and that won't be a pretty sight for anyone. Better confess the truth and hope she understands the whole situation.

"Yes, I know who this person is but it is a long story. Are you sure you want to hear it? It might change your views about me. But remember I had my reasons for everything I did back then." I warned before I got to the story because I was ready to tell truth only if she wanted to hear it.

On listening to my words she came towards me and held my face in her tiny, soft palms, and whispered her words faintly, "I want to listen to your story, and always remember I won't ever judge you on basis of the past you once had, I have known you now and nothing can change what I feel for you."

Without delay, I pulled her in my lap which obviously caused her to flush but ignoring that I started, "Fine then get comfortable because I am going to start from the very beginning where everything started."

A/N:

I am so sorry guys for such a long delay I had a huge block and my brain refused to work😵. I hope you enjoy the chapter because the story is towards its finale, but don't worry there is a lot of drama to come ahead.

Love you people...