CHAPTER 28

Listen to this song, my personal favorite rn...Love it!!

AVERY'S POV:

As discussed, Peter is going to meet Kane right now. He will then act as if he did not know anything at all and make Kane believe that his plan is still going, as he wanted it to go. Peter has already sold back the shares he had purchased to Roman, so at least one problem has now been solved.

Therefore, now as Peter is in the meeting with Kane we can also hear all their conversations as Peter is wearing a microphone. It was necessary because Roman did not fully trust Peter right now and so if Kane plans something further we will know immediately if he does say something.

I, Roman, and Chris are at my place right now because mom was not feeling well I couldn't leave her alone so Roman also came with me Chris was also there so he decided to tag along, I don't know why though. Not that I mind.

My internal monologue had been cut off when we heard voices in our headphones meaning they had started talking now. It was just the regular Peter greeting Kane but what was surprising was Kane only acknowledging him with a grunt as if he was irritated and he was being forced into meeting Peter.

Kane got directly to business and asked Peter about how was the plan going and if he was managing to steal money from Roman to which he agreed well lied but anyways. They talked some more and thankfully they weren't planning to do anything further as of now. Looks like Kane only wanted to bring down Roman and didn't care for anything else.

Just as they were finishing I heard my mom calling me from her room where she had always been resting. "I will be back soon," I said to both of them and went up to see mom.

"Yes mom, you needed something?" I asked her and helped her to sit up as she was trying to do so. "Nothing just needed a little help getting up I want to walk around a bit I have been sitting for too long. Want to stretch my legs and might as well greet the guests." She said.

I accompanied her out of her room slowly. As soon as we walked into the living room, silence followed. Chris was looking pale as if he had seen a ghost. What the heck happened here so suddenly?

On second look he was looking at us or more precisely at mom. Did they know each other? Mom had still not noticed him as she directly headed to the kitchen to get water and I followed.

My curiosity was killing me so I asked her, "Mom does you by any chance know Christopher Miller?". On hearing the name my mom also froze for a moment and then turned towards me suddenly. "How do you know him?" She asked instead while looking somewhat panicked.

"Mom, what is happening? He is there in the living room, he is Roman's mentor and they are close. I met him in the office before he is a good person." I said explaining to her so that she could calm down a little.

"Oh, my God! this can not be happening." She did not react as I has predicted and started freaking out further. Before I could do something she fainted which freaked me out. I caught her from falling and called for Roman immediately. God help me please what is happening? Who is Chris? And why did mom freak out after hearing his name?

Do you also have all these questions? Keep reading to find out...

Guys, should I do a third-person point of view or maybe Chris's POV next? Please comment and tell me, I am so confused.

 Vote, Comment, and Share!!!🧡