CHAPTER 27

Double Update!!

Avery's POV:

I am very stressed, today is the day of 'the meeting' when we are gonna talk to Peter about the whole situation. It isn't that I do not trust Roman to handle the situation, I just want all this to be over with because it is stressing him out too much.

Finally, after what felt like hours, Peter arrived and I had to accompany him to the meeting room, although it was nerve-wracking to be so near him. He carried an air of vengeance and danger around him.

You could feel the tension in the room once we were all situated around the table for discussion.

Roman started by greeting everyone which was rudely interrupted by none other than Peter himself who looked beyond angry, though I could somewhat understand him, he did lose his sister whose reason he believes to be Roman.

He stood up aggressively and said "Quit all this drama, I know why you invited me here. You just want to get rid of me just as you did with Tanya." This surprised us all we didn't expect him to act out so soon.

On his statement, Roman also snapped and said "It isn't how you have kept believing for so long. It wasn't anyone's but Kane's fault he wasn't man enough to accept his doings and was so quick to leave her when she needed him the most. But even after what happened I still helped her and took her to the hospital without wasting time. I know it was unfortunate what happened but I am not to be blamed for it and I won't stand anyone blaming me for it." Again silence followed his statement, I was so proud of him for finally accepting the truth about the whole situation when I know very well that it was so hard for him to remember it all and say it out loud.

There was a look of suspicion on Peter's face and also confusion. To me, he seemed lost and it was clear he was again relieving the pain of his sister's death. He looked like a lost boy who didn't know anything anymore.

Roman had also realized the confusion Peter had and so he decided to retell the story to him from the beginning. As the truth unfolded Peter looked even more broken and angry.

Broken I could understand but him being angry I couldn't comprehend whether it was at Kane or Roman. We would very much prefer it to be the former. If Peter understood the situation we could convenience him to fix all the things as they were before.

When he didn't move for a while Roman stood up and went to him and patted his shoulder in a sympathetic way which broke the trance he was in. "I know it is not easy to accept the truth after you have been believing something for so long. I just hope you will now take the right decision." Roman said and sat on this place once again.

"I know what I need to do now. Kane has played me long enough for his profit. Now no more tell me what should we do ahead?" said Peter which elated us all. Now is our turn to play the game that Kane started.