Chapter 39

Halloween disaster
Third person

Her head was hurting like a million needles were poking her brain. She opened her eyes slowly, unfamiliar of where she was. She looked to the side and was Carson. "What am i doing her?" she tried to lean forward but the pain was too much. She held her stomach and slowly laid back down. "You're awake! Do you not remember?" Carson asked. It all came back to her. Her eyes flood with tears. "What day is it?" She asked with tears coming down her face. "November 2nd" Carson replied. "Oh my- where is he?" She cried. "He's down the hall i think" Carson smiled at her. "Is he okay?" she looked at him. "I'm not sure" he said. A few minutes later.A middle aged woman walked in. "The police are here to talk to you" she smiled. The police came walking in and sat down. Carson had left the room. "Take your time, just tell us everything" the man smiled. She took a deep breath, held it than let it go. "You can start with the beginning of the night" he smiled.
"It was the annual Halloween party, and I had gone with my friends. We had a few shots as someone had bought alcohol to the party. I met up with Josh and we went to dance. After a while he had to go to the bathroom so Luke sort of 'babysat' me while Josh was gone, cause at that stage I was really drunk. I dragged him over to dance with me and we sorta had a moment as we used to date in the past. I looked over and saw Josh leaving without me. So I ran after him. He started the can and I jumped in as he was about to drive away. Josh doesn't drink so it was fine. The whole drive back to his house was silent. Neither of us spoke. We got to his and I yelled at him. We had a fight over the guy I used too date. I had to tell him that i was in love with someone else. So we broke up. Suddenly the door burst open and these really tall large men walked in. They held a gun at us and told us not to move. I was already crying from the fight but it got worse. On of the guy looked at me and laughed. He told me stop crying but I couldn't. He held the gun up to my head and kept repeating 'stop crying'. One of the guys called him to the kitchen. The guy still pointed the gun at us but he wasn't looking at us. Josh indicated at me to grab his phone off of the table in front of me. So i reached for the phone. The man turned around and yelled at me. He said he was gonna shoot. Josh kept telling him that he was the one who told me to do it so he should be mad at him and not me. The guy- he - he- shot him, he shot Josh." She took another breath and stopped for a moment. "I looked down and he was on the ground bleeding out. The man turned back around, so I ran over to Josh. A moment later the man turned around and yelled at me to stand up. So i did. He looked right into my eyes and shot me. I fell to the floor. A few moment later I blacked out and now I'm here, in hospital after having a bullet taken out of my stomach apparently." tears ran down her face throughout her story. "Thank you, okay so we're just gonna ask a few questions".

Carson came back into the room. He comforted her. "Was it painful, ya know getting shot" Carson asked. "Well obviously" Quinn rolled her eyes. A few moments later Luke and Wyatt walked in the room. Luke smile at her. They both hugged her and sat down. They had bought her a teddy and flowers. "Awww thank you guys" she smiled. A few moments later Blair stormed the the room "bitch i was so worried about you!" She ran over and hugged Quinn. "How are you feeling?" Wyatt asked. "Shit but its getting better" she smiled. Wyatt and Blair have left to get clothes and stuff for Quinn. Carson smiled at Luke. Luke looked at him confused. Carsons eyes moved towards Quinn, who was on her phone. Luke shook his head. Luke's phone buzzed. 'Tell her now' Carson texted. 'I'm not gonna tell her i love her after her just being shot' Luke replied. 'It's now or never'. Carson got up and left the room. Luke sat there slightly angry at Carson. "So Halloween was a crazy night right?" Luke said. "Well I did almost die" Quinn mocked. "Well yeah umm I just wanted to talk to you about ya know when I found you-" "you were the one that found me?" she asked. "Yeah and I-". "Why were you at Josh's house?" She asked. "Well basically when I arrived you there almost dead I just thought wow life can be short and thats why I think when you feel something you have to express it. So i just wanna say- I- uhh- I lo-" Luke got stopped by the nurse. "Sorry to disturb you guys, but is this Quinn Johnson's room?" She asked with a distressed face. "Yes, is everything okay?" Quinn asked with a worried face. "You were the one that came in with Josh right?" She asked. "Yes" Quinn replied. "I'm so sorry to inform you but we were in surgery and he had to be put on life support. He was on life support for a few hours until it stoped working- and he passed away" the nurse put her head down. Quinn froze in shock. Her hands covered her mouth and tears came streaming down her face. "He's gone" she cried barely able to get the words out of her mouth as she chocked on her tears. "I'm so sorry" Luke comforted her. Carson came in. "I guessing it went bad" Carson said while walking in the room. "Dude Josh died" Luke said looking over at Quinn. Carson froze. "Oh- Quinn I'm so sorry" Carson ran over to her and gave her a hug.

The next day a middle aged couple walked into the room. "Your Quinn right? She woman smiled. "Yes?". "Hey we're Josh's parents. He told you about you but we never had the chance to meet" the woman smiled. The introduce themselves and talked. 'His parents seem really nice' she thought. Josh's father had left to grab them all a drink. "We had actually gotten into a fight before he died. He was a really good friend to me and i wish we never fought, i feel like he died with us on bad terms, but he sacrificed himself for me. I'm really gonna miss him" a tear ran down Quinns face. "Thank you Quinn, the funeral is in a few days if you are able to come" his mother smiled. "Ill be there" Quinn smiled. His parents left and Quinn was alone. She scrolled though photos of  Josh and herself on her phone. It hurt her knowing she had broken his heart before he died. He wasn't happy when he died, he was heartbroken yet still saved her.................. she will always love him for that.................

Authors note: hey i hope you enjoyed it!!!!!!!!!!!!