Chapter 50

Heartache
Third person

"I-......" She said as she tried to figure out her thoughts. "I've been dying to do that for so long" he smiled as he still cupped her cheek. "Luke I- I can't do this, I'm sorry" She looked down in shame. She knew she shouldn't have kissed him, but it felt like her brain had no control over her body but her heart did. She usually listened to her head not her heart. He looked at her, his eyes looked cold. "W-why?" He stuttered. His hand dropped from her cheek. "I can't I made a promise to Josh" she cried. "He's dead Quinn it's not like he can haunt you if you break it. You need to get over it! You can't control who you love and I love you ! I can't help it! But you choose to keep making us both suffer over a promise you made to a dead guy!" He yelled with a cold tone. "He's not just a dead guy! He was my boyfriend! I may not have been in love with him but I loved him! I made that promise to myself! After I found out you had a girlfriend! So I wouldn't go back to you! So you wouldn't keep hurting me! Josh died with a broken heart because I loved you!" She yelled back as a single tear fell from her eyes.

He noticed the way she said 'loved'. It hurt him a little. Who knew a past tense word could be so hurtful. To make it feel like you heart was falling to your feet. She thought of it as a safer way to say I love you, a way to show she has to get over him. To show she doesn't want him when secretly inside she did. It was a hidden way of saying those word, that she fought back not to say. To show that he should move on so it wouldn't be so hard for her to reject him. So it wouldn't be so tempting for her to run into his arms and never let go but she had made a promise to herself. She knew she should have made it when Josh died not after she was about to confess her feelings for him but her feelings got the better of her. She won't let herself do that again. She was kind of happy she never confessed her feelings back then. It made her make that promise. Although she was the only one who agreed with the promise. Blair didn't like it. She knew Quinn loved Luke so why try and hide it? Why torture yourself to get over it? Blair tried to convince her out of it so many times but it never worked. Quinn was too stubborn.

"He dead! He's not alive anymore get over it Quinn! Your just torturing yourself!" He yelled back in response to what she said. "Your the same cold hearted selfish asshole! So selfish that it's like who have no respect for Josh's death! I hate you!" She yelled with anger. Anger was running through her body like electric. His eyes were as cold as night as a tear ran down his cheek. His fists were clenched as he looked at her. He looked like his heart has just gotten shattered which was true. She ran back to the house. She ran up the stairs to her room and slammed the door. She jumped into bed as she started sobbing.

He wiped the tear off his cheek. He tried to calm down before walking back inside. He took a deep breath and walked in. Carson and Wyatt were laying on the couch watching the grinch. He tried to walk in casually like nothing was wrong even thought his heart was in pieces. He sat down beside Wyatt and dipped his hand into the bowel of popcorn. He stuffed the popcorn into his mouth as Wyatt looked at him weirdly. "You okay bro?" He looked concerned for his brother. "Yeah I'm fine" Luke fake smiled. "Sure...." Wyatt said not believing him, he wanted Luke to tell him when he was ready. When he was ready to let out his emotions.

Blair had face-timed Quinn. They had sorted out their problems a few days ago. She was happy Blair was dating Carson. It made both of them happy. She had told her everything that happened outside. "What did you do that!? I thought you loved him!?" Blair yelled through the phone. Quinn tried to calm down her sobs. "Because it's easier to know he hates me then loves me" she cried into her tissue. "It's better for the both of us" Quinn tried to smile. "I gotta go" Quinn hung up.

Carson heard the doorbell ring. He jumped up and answered the door. "Hey what are you doing here?" He kissed her. "Sorry I have to leave you" she said as she ran upstairs. He just stood there confused.

"Hey" Blair said quietly as she opened Quinn's bedroom door. "W-what are you doing here" Quinn said through sniffles. "I'm here to comfort my best friend" she pulled Quinn into a hug. "Mission get over Luke" Blair giggled while she still had Quinn in her arms. "I thought you were spending Christmas with your family" Quinn looked up at her. "Yeah well my mom is in Hawaii and my dad had a last minute call in to work. So I'm free" Blair sighed. "I'm sorry" Quinn frowned. "Let's just deal with you for now" Blair smiled.

"It's getting late, do you guys wanna stay over?" Carson asked while he stood up. "Yeah sure" Wyatt smiled. "I guess" Luke didn't really wanna ruin the night with his problems so he just sucked it up. He was used to bottling up his emotions anyway. He dragged his legs up the stairs. He was passing Quinn's room. He heard sniffles every couples seconds. 'Why is she crying she's the one that broke my heart' he felt his self get angry again. Eventually he sucked it up and walked down the hall to Carson's room.

Quinn's pov

Blair is such a great friend. The way she pushed down her problems for me really bugs me. I wanna help her. She's my best friend. She doesn't deserve the wayher parents treat her. "Blair I swear I'm fine! Please let's talk about you. How are you feeling about your parents?" I looked over at her as she laid beside me on the bed. "It's just annoying. It like they only care about themselves but everyone thinks it's fine because we have money. They think I don't have problems cause I have money. I have to deal with those people who I'm forced to call family! My mother would rather go to Hawaii then stay with me for Christmas and my dad rather go to work! I remember when my dad and I used to hangout. It would be so fun, then he got married and he turned cold on me. Then I finally got to spend time with him in New York for his bosses wedding but then we came home and he acted like nothing happened. Sometimes I feel like I have no family" she choked out. "You're my family" Quinn squeezed her tightly. "You're like a sister to me." Quinn rested her head on Blair's. "Yeah I guess your enough" Blair giggled. "Hey" she pushed Blair playfully. "I will always be there for you, you're are my family. I wouldn't trade you for the world. You're my soulmate. Soulmates aren't always lovers"..................

Authors note: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I can't believe WE ARE ON CHAPTER 50 OMGGG the book will be finishing soon I'm thinking at around 60 then I might do a sequel. I also came up with another book idea so I might to that as well as the rewrite for this. I let you guys know! It's another romance book! Hope you guys had a good Easter!