Chapter 42

Memorial
Quinn's pov

I stuffed the letter in my pocket. The car stopped outside my house and we all went in. Blair grabbed ice cream and spoons from the kitchen. She laid down on the couch and smiled at me. I giggled and laid down next to her. The three of us ate the ice cream and watched movies. They always know how to help me.
Quinn: hey I heard you and Wyatt are friends now
Blair: yeah but it's not going to be anything more I don't know I just feel like we're too different but ya know I'm happy being his friend plus I kinda like this new guy
Blair blushed.
Quinn: who!!!?!?!?
Blair: you wouldn't know him
She stuttered.
Quinn: you could still tell me! Come on!
Blair: let's just watch the movie
Quinn: fine but I'll get his name eventually
I playfully hit her in the arm. She giggled. I heard a noise. I turned my head and saw Carson coming in through the front door.
Carson: hey you didn't seem okay so I thought I'd come home, oh I didn't know they were here. Hey!
Quinn: I'm fine
I smiled at him. He came over and watched the movie with us.

Luke's pov

I laid down in my bed. Maybe I just misplaced it. I'm so stupid!

I woke up and headed downstairs. I searched the trash again just to make sure it wasn't there. I decided to go on a drive to help get my mind off things. I drove around the town. I noticed Quinn skating around. I pulled up next to her.
Luke: hey
Quinn omg my gosh you scared me!
She giggled. I smiled at her.
Luke: do you need a lift?
Quinn: nah I'm okay I'm just getting some fresh air
Luke: you sure?
Quinn: yeah
Luke: okay see ya tomorrow! Wait are you coming back to school tomorrow right?
Quinn: yeah, see ya then
Luke: okay bye
I pulled up the window and drove off.

Third person

Quinn hoped in the car next to Jake in Blair's car. The car stopped. Quinn looked out the window at the school. Jake grabbed her hand. "You can do this" he smiled. 'I can do this' she thought. They got out of the car and walked in. She could feel people staring at her, hearing their slight whispers. She finally gets to the classroom and sits down. The teacher came over to her. "The guidance counsellor want to speak with you after lunch" they whispered. Quinn nodded. "Nice to have you back" they smiled. Class started. A few minutes later Luke and Charlie walked into the classroom. The teacher yelled at them and they got detention. 'Well nothing's changed' she thought as she rolled her eyes. The intercom started speaking "at 1pm today we will be having a memorial for our past student Josh Parker who is sadly not with us anymore. I expect everyone to be there".

Lunch ended and Quinn headed to the guidance counsellor. She knocked on the door and waited patiently. The door burst open. She smiled at her and let her in. "So how are you feeling?". "I'm fine". "So are you able to go to the memorial today?". "Yes". "Ya know Quinn do you have a therapist cause I would recommend one to you-". "Yes I already have one". "Well okay then I just wanted to see how you first day back went. If you need to talk to me after the memorial my door is open". Quinn smiled and left. She headed to the gym. She ran over and sat down next to Blair.

They started playing music. There was a picture of Josh in a frame. "Josh was a lovely student he wasn't here for long but will be remembered. What happened to him was horrible and such a sad tragedy but we're all going to keep our heads held high for him." The principal put her head down in respect. The school choir sang a lovely song. Quinn sat there. She just stared at the frame. It made her laugh that the school was doing all this but they barely knew Josh, the school had to do it. They probably wouldn't if they weren't forced too. Her eyes watered. The school decided to end classes early in respect. She was walking out of the school when she heard someone cheering. "Ya know that guy dying actually did something useful like ending classes early, it was more than what he did when he was alive. It not like he had many friends anyway. It's not he was important so he might as well be dead" Ally told her group of 'friends'. They all started giggling. Quinn lost it. She ran over and punched Ally in the face.

"Omg what the fuck?!" She yelled while holding her cheek. "Don't talk about Josh like that he was a really nice guy who didn't deserve what happened to him! He was a hero! That's more than you'll ever be!" Quinn yelled at her. Quinn started walking away.  "Oh yeah you were friends with the weirdo! I forgot! Wasnt it like your fault he died!" Ally yelled. Quinn stoped. She clenched her fist. She turned back round and jumped on Ally hitting her in the face again. Some girl went crying to go get the teachers. Quinn hit Ally one last time in the face and jumped up. She ran as fast as she could away from the school. Tears poured out of her eyes. She was far enough away so she sat down on the curb. She held her head in her hands knowing she was going to be in trouble tomorrow. Probably a suspension. She heard footsteps she looked up and saw Luke staring down at her. "Hey" he sat down next to her. "Your not a bad fighter" he smiled. She giggled. "So what happened?" He asked. "She was talking really badly about Josh saying his death was a good thing cause now classes ended early then she blamed his death on me" her eyes teared up. "Oh". Tears ran down her face. "She was right it was my fault" she hugged him. "Quinn it wasn't your fault. It's not like you knew he was gonna get shot" he held her close. "I know but if I didn't reach for the phone, he wouldn't have gotten mad and shot Josh" she cried. "Quinn look at me" she looked up at him. He grabbed her. "It wasn't your fault okay so stop blaming yourself you can't do anything about it anymore it's in the past so let's just live in the present and move on for your sake and Josh's" he looked into her eyes. With his finger he wiped the tear of her face. She hugged him again. "Thank you for being here for me" she smiled with puffy eyes. "I'll always be here for you" he smiled at her.

Blair and Jake wondered around for Quinn. She looked down the street and saw Luke and Quinn. "Look they're having a moment! We should leave them be" Blair pointed out to Jake. She nodded and the walked the other way. "They're made for each other aren't they?" Jake laughed. "They're soulmates just haven't figured it out completely yet" Blair giggled...............

Authors note: hey I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you so of 14.5k views! You guys are the best! I hope you are all doing well and my dms are always open! Love yas bye! Sry for any spelling errors