PARKOUR OUT OF THE WINDOW

Lana stormed through the Booth's door shouting for the girls as she held some macdonalds bags. She brought the food for the girls , and also because she needed any excuse to get out of the house. However, when no one said anything, she frowned.

"Their upstairs love" Nana said gently.

"Ah okay, thank you Nana" Lana smiled as she raced up the stairs, swinging the food bags in her hands.

Lana bursted through the door, only for Hailey to wave her arms rapidly shushing her. Her mood instantly dropped as she looked past Haileys head, noticing Simone Booth sprawled out across Missy's bed, barely conscious.

"Oh girls" Lana sighed sadly, dropping the bags and making her way over to the girls.

"Where am i?" Simone slurred

"Your home mom"

Lana's heart broke watching Missy with her mother. She had always had to play the adult and she knew it wasn't fair, but there was nothing that could be done about it.

"My missy" she reached out for Missy's face, resulting in Missy pushing her away, trying to hold back hot tears that stung her eyes.

"Missy, Nana's calling, she can't know she's here" Lana whisper-shouted.

Missy and Lana awkwardly carried the Booth mother down the stairs, her arms over each girls shoulders. As they made it into the lounge, she noticed Hailey and Raz serenading Nana with amazing grace. It would've been a pretty funny sight, despite the situation they were in. The girls managed to get Simone out of the house and to the Piracha's.

                                             ❥

"Where the hell have you been," Lana's mother Tracy yelled as Lana came through the front door "I thought i had grounded you!"

Truth was, Tracy had grounded Lana 2 months ago, as she had walked in on Lana having sex with Cory in her bedroom. To this day she was still punishing her. For no particular reason, just out of pure evil.

The past 6 months she had gone off the rails, going out from 7pm onwards and not getting back until the next evening, sometimes even the next couples of days after. She'd be out getting hammered and selling herself to some rich man for 10 minutes of pleasure. Lana was terrified to turn out anything like her mother. Of course she could help the things she actively did, like not go out and get really drunk or have sex with random men. What she was scared of was the chemical balance in her brain that she would've inherited in her genes from her mother. The things she couldn't change.

"Mom that was two months ago, i've said i'm sorry why is it still such a problem?" Lana walked past her mum and headed up the stairs.

"Don't you dare answer me back young lady!"

Silence

Suddenly Lana noticed her mom running towards the stairs, rushing towards her. Lana ran as fast as she could up to her bedroom, slamming the door missing her mum by the skin of her teeth. Lana's heart raced as she covered her face with her hands and began sobbing as she sunk down to the ground, her back pressed strongly to the door to prevent her mum breaking through it.

"Open up right now" her mother shouted again, banging on the door vigorously.

Lana remained silent except the few sobs that left her mouth every now and then.

"Well don't be expecting any dinner tonight, you spoilt brat"

She was half hoping for the first time in her life that her mother would actually go out tonight, but throughout the whole evening, the girl never heard the door go.