TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS OF THE ACKLEY BRIDGE RUGBY TEAM

Luckily, Missy had dibbed in at the last minute, joining Lana for the match. The two stood together, Missy gushing over the boys legs in the rugby shorts, despite her blossoming relationship with Aaron. Something Lana couldn't do anything but admire about the girl.

"It's bloody freezing i'll tell you that" Missy laughed, linking her arm with Lana's.

However, her mind was elsewhere, "Is it just me or is Cory really off right now?"

"Yeah i noticed that too, he's dropped the ball twice already" Missy spoke, glancing towards the Wilson boy.

"Yeah i know, he told me he's really serious about the scout, i don't want him to do anything stupid to prove himself because i know that's what he'll do."

However it didn't didn't take long for Lana to get distracted again. Riz was doing a million times better than any of the other boys there, and lord did he look hot in the kit. As he scored a try, he glanced over at Lana and winked at her, causing a blush to rise on her cheeks.

"He. does. bits. to. you. Lana." Missy emphasised, bumping the girls shoulder.

"Tell me about it" Lana huffed.

"Thank god it's half time though, i can't stand watching Cory pretend he isn't doing shit for much longer"

Just before Lana was about to call him over, Mr Bell did himself, he whispered a few things in his ear, however her attention was directed again, as a big sweaty Riz came jogging towards her, engulfing her.

"Aw your doing so well babe" Lana smiled, internally cringing at how sweaty he was.

"And i think i know why" he gushed teasingly, before Missy looked to her, eyes wide and mouth agape.

"No you dirty cow!" Lana gasped, smacking her shoulder realising what the blonde girl was implying.

"Ayt well i've gotta go back, i love you" Riz smiled before jogging back off.

Something had definitely snapped within Cory, because as soon as the boys went back out, he seemed a lot more aggressive than he was before.

It was weird though, he kept a distance from the actual game for a while, before he noticed Riz running through with the ball. He began running towards him at full speed, completely taking him out.

A loud crack echoed throughout the space.

"Lana!" Missy gasped, pointing to the boys.

"What the fuck" Lana whispered, watching the situation intently. However she really began to panic when Riz didn't get up.

Mr Simpson began blowing his whistle frantically, as him, a couple of other teachers and the rest of the team made their way over.

"I can't feel anything" Lana heard Riz shout as she ran over, Missy following.

"Ring an ambulance, now!" Mr Bell yelled towards the rest of the staff.

"Riz?" Lana whispered, looking down at him.

"Lana" He gasped slightly, only moving his eyes not his head.

Lana looked up towards Cory, pure anger in her eyes. He looked back, his face full of guilt.

It didn't take long for the ambulance to arrive, lifting Riz up and placing him on a stretcher.

"Your gonna be alright, son" Mr Nowaz told Riz, clear worry laced in his voice.

"I can't feel my hands dad, where's Lana?" his words gathered all at once, coming out randomly.

"Hey it's okay it's okay" Mr Nowaz smiled slightly.

With that, they lifted Riz into the ambulance, leaving everyone stunned.

"R Right Lana, Alya come with me, we'll follow them" Mrs Carter rushed.

"I'll see you later, yeah?" Lana whispered to Missy, before her and Alya left hastily towards Mrs Carter's car.

                                               ❥

Lana had always hated hospitals. She had her fair few shares of hospital trips in her lifetime, however none had ever really scared her like this one had.

Her and Alya were sat in the empty waiting room, Alya on her phone and Lana staring into space. It was awkward to put it plainly, however Lana didn't even care for it, she was much to worried about Riz.

"You do know if it wasn't for your brother we wouldn't even be in this mess" Alya muttered, not looking up from her phone.

"First of all, Alya Cory is not my brother, you and i both know that, second of all, Cory's stupid actions have nothing to do with me, i clearly got no kick out of it, in fact it hasn't done me any favours whatsoever, so why don't you stop picking at people for once in your life"

It was silent, until Alya spoke up again,

"My brother really likes you, you know."

"I really like him too"

"Erm, Alya Nowaz is it? You can come in and see your brother" a doctor entered the room as he smiled kindly, before Alya smirked, picking up her bag and strutted past Lana.

What a bitch.

It didn't take long for the three to leave Riz's room, meaning Lana could see him now.

She pushed through the door and ran straight to his bed.

"Riz" Lana smiled, trying to stay calm in case she freaked him out, he looked like he needed to stay as still as possible.

"Lana?" He smiled, glancing over at her ever so slightly.

"Hey, i'm here" she smiled, lightly placing her hand on his, "i'm so sorry, Riz"

"Hey don't be silly, it's not your fault" he spoke, his eyes closed.

"I know, but..."

"Please, don't worry, you know i love you and would never be angry at you for anything no matter if it was your fault or not."

"I love you too" Lana stammered, tears brimming her eyes.

"However, i don't know how useful i will be now" Riz laughed cheekily.

"I do badly want to punch you right now"

"Aha your so in love with me"