SHE SAYS SHES HAPPY BUT SHES NOT

Not to sound cliché or anything, but to say Lana was happy would be a very big understatement. Now Jordan had moved out she had his room. He'd taken the majority of his stuff with him, so the interior was pretty boring but she had moved the majority of her stuff into there and anything was better than a mattress.

As Lana sat in front of the full length mirror, doing her makeup she received a call from Missy.

"Hello?"
~
"Missy? where are you?"
~
"Oxford?"
~
"Oh right, yeah of course babe i'll see you soon."

Not long later, Missy arrived at the Wilson's door, her cheeks stained with tears.

"Oh Missy" Lana sighed, pulling the girl in for a hug.

"I just feel like we're going our completely separate ways" Missy sniffed, as her and Lana sat on Lana's bed.

"Like it's Oxford Lana! i can't even get a GCSE to my name, Nas can live without me, but i can't live without her just like i can't live without you."

"Hey you don't know that babe" Lana smiled, hugging the girl tighter.

"She's moving on" Missy sniffed again, wiping her eyes.

"Well she's bound to, i know it's so hard but we've just got to learn to live with it and support Nas with whatever she wants to do." The girls sat in silence for a few moments before Missy spoke up,

"You know it's mine and Nas' party tonight?" Missy mumbled against Lana's stomach.

"I know, and that's exactly why we're gonna get you all glammed up and feeling better," Lana sang, shaking her makeup bag around, "however, i don't think i can take another party for a while after what happened last time."

"Don't worry, it won't be like that" Missy laughed, impersonating Mrs Piracha, Lana laughing along.

                                                ❥

"I'm not gonna lie to ya babe, you do look like your about to rip her head off" Lana laughed to Missy, who's eyes had been fixated on Nas since the party began, talking to Naveed and Mr Hyatt about Oxford.

"That's it, i'm going over" and before Lana could even stop her, Missy had made her way over to the three.

"God, it was just an interview, she hasn't got in yet" Missy scoffed, rolling her eyes before turning back to Lana, who had now made her way over to Riz and placed herself on his lap.

Missy slumped down beside the pair, as Mrs Piracha announced it was time for her speech.

"You know, it only seems like yesterday these two girls were sat on my back step eating sugar puff," Mrs Piracha began, everyone laughing along, "i don't remember a time that they weren't together, both born on the same day! i heard Missy's first cry, the first time i heard swear words from her mother."

It was clear on Missy's face she wasn't enjoying herself at all, she kept exchanging dirty looks with Nas who looked deeply uncomfortable.

"And i am so happy to know that, if i can't help Nasreen, she's always got you, Missy,"Kaneez smiled, "and now, she's going to Oxford to become a doctor, my little girl, i always knew you would do something special, i'm very proud of you Nasreen."

"And Missy, Rasreen couldn't be who she is without you, so i want to say thank you for being there for her, i don't know what she's gonna bloody do now when she leaves you behind, Thank you."

Everyone clapped Mrs Piracha who began to get emotional, before Missy got up and grabbed her coat, leaving through the front door.

"Missy?" Lana called, grabbing her hand.

"No, Lana just leave it" Missy snapped, pushing her hand away.

Lana turned round and huffed, sitting back at her spot on Riz's lap.

"Hey, just give her time, she's gonna struggle with the fact that Nas isn't gonna be around all the time" Riz smiled, stroking her hair.

"Yeah," Lana mumbled, "thank you Riz, i love you"

"I love you too, now come on let's cheer you up eh?"

                                               ❥

"Did you know Sir's car got set on fire?" Zain Unis, told Lana as he leant back on his chair.

"What? Mr Evershed? our english teacher?" Lana gasped, turning to face him.

Before Zain could respond, Sir walked in, taking off his bike hat.

"Right can we sit down please" Sir ordered as he made his way to his desk.

"Sorry about your car, Sir" Amin called.

"Yeah it could be worse, could still be driveable" Josh laughed, the rest of the class laughing with him.

"Right so let me put everyone straight, according to the fire brigade-"

"It should've been burnt long ago?" Lana interrupted, causing the whole class to erupt in laughter.

"- it was an accident, plain and simple, an electrical fault," Sir continued as he made eye contact with Sam and Candice, "thankfully it was insured and no one was in it so luckily for you lot, your homework still was" earning a few groans from the class, "however i will mark you all a level seven, horray."

"Sam, Candice would you care to join the rest of the class so i don't have to shout?" Sir smiled, as Sam hastily climbed off the window ledge, looking around nervously, but mostly guilty.

It was only then Lana caught on it was the Murgatroyds who set Sir's car on fire.