ARE YOU COMPLAINING, NOWAZ?

Lana awoke to a loud buzz going off on her phone. She never set an alarm nowadays, mostly because Cory's alarm woke her up, and any chance she could get of not getting woke up and laying in bed all day, she would take.

She rolled over on her mattress and glanced at her phone. It was a call from a number she didn't recognise, picking up the phone and holding it to her ear,

"Hello?"
~
"Who's this?"
~
"Riz... hey" Lana tried to style out
~
Slow down slow down, are you okay?
~
"Yeah sure, okay, goodbye."

Riz? Calling her? To walk with her to school? The girl instantly began to wonder why he'd want that, how he'd gotten her number? Cory.

"What was all that about?" the devil himself came striding through the bedroom door, towel around his waist.

"Erm, just Riz" the girl said awkwardly.

"Ah Riz," Cory nodded, grabbing his aftershave, "homeboy's got a thing for you ya know."

"Don't be stupid, Cory" Lana laughed, grabbing her clothes and makeup, heading to the bathroom.

                                               ❥

At first Lana had thought it was a prank, but low and behold, Riz Nowaz was stood at the end of the Wilson's driveway.

"I'm sorry to get you out so early" Riz muttered, sorrow laced in his voice.

"No no don't be," Lana smiled, "So please, enlighten me, what has got Riz Nowaz willing to walk to school through this shithole, than getting a ride in some mercedes or whatever?" Lana laughed hard.

However, Riz didn't laugh. Fuck, that's awkward.

"My dad, i can't stand him Lana."

Lana's mind instantly went back to open day, and what Alya had confessed.

"I'm scared Lana, i don't know what to do, everyone loves him, i've looked up to him all of my life, and now this?"

"I understand Riz, i'm sorry"

"No no that's not your fault, i just don't wanna be around him right now, you get me?"

"I get you, i get you, well i hope i can be of good service" Lana winked causing the boy to laugh slightly.

Just ahead of the pair walking down the road, a group of boys on bikes headed towards them. Lana noticed one of them as her ex boyfriend Alfie and the rest as his mates.

As the group of boys got closer they began whistling and cat calling Lana, feeling an urge of protectiveness again, Riz threw his arm around Lana's petite frame, hugging her into him.

Riz couldn't explain this strange feeling he got whenever there was threat to Lana. He seemed to feel a lot of care towards her, and a need to always make sure she was happy and safe.

Despite the 5"9 boy with his arm slung around Lana's shoulder, Alfie still rode up to them, hastily getting off his bike. Lana simply rolled her eyes, knowing he would do anything and everything to make himself look good.

"Ayt Lana," Alfie nodded, "who's this?" he asked, gesturing to Riz.

"That's none of your business Alfie" Lana scowled

"Riz Nowaz," Riz confirmed.

"Ooo a Nawaz eh," Alfie looked at his mates, "Alya Nawaz, that your sister mate?"

Lana now noticed a couple of Alfie's mates were in their year at school, people she had literally never heard of or really ever seen, now riding around on bikes like they're bad, oh the irony. Alfie had left school early, now spending most days doing fuck all.

"Yeah, what about her" Riz nodded

Alfie said nothing, just turned to Lana, his eyes locked on her.

"What you doing with a slag like Lana anyway?" Alfie laughed.

Before Lana could speak, Riz stepped forward, getting into Alfie's face.

"You wanna say that again mate"

Lana knew exactly how this was going to end due to knowing Alfie's messy past, so she did the first thing that came to her head.

She grabbed Riz's hand, span him round and placed her lips on his. Butterflies erupted in her stomach, glad she had finally done what she wanted to, just not glad it was in the situation it was in.

Lana swiftly pulled away, turning to Alfie and his mates,

"There you are, so Alfie, why don't you get your jealous self and your little posse and fuck off."

Alfie stood there stunned, mounting his bike and riding off in embarrassment, his friends following sheepishly.

"Ay i could've dealt with that myself" Riz whined.

"Oh are you complaining Nowaz?"

"Not at all."

                                               ❥

The pair walked the rest of the way to school hand in hand, laughing and joking about how Alfie's face looked when Lana had kissed Riz.

Making their way into the reception, they noticed Sadiq sat on the sofa. Lana noticed Riz's jaw clench as he made his way over to him.

"Are you gonna resign?"

"It takes two you know? i had to resign from the golf club this morning, and my interview in the newspaper got dropped." Sadiq snapped at his son.

"Well, you should leave."

"What do you want me to do son, want me to walk away?"

"I want you to take your punishment, Dad" Riz ordered.

"Punishment?" Sadiq scoffed, "Oh i am getting it dont you worry, from your mother, from your sister, from you!" Riz simply sighed at him, "I will not go down without a fight son, why should i?"

"Because you slept with the headmistress Dad!" Riz spoke sternly, slightly louder than he meant too. With that, Riz grabbed Lana's hand, pulling her with him.

𝐎𝐦𝐠𝐠𝐠𝐠. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞, 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲💕💕